PDA

View Full Version : Air con

Delayed
06-10-2019, 01:28 PM
So OK I am not a full time resident or even a long term resident. But I do due diligence each year for the lat decade.

So after parking the floating home in the Sea of Cortez I headed off to Korrat and 46 c.

The mil would try to sleep om a wooden bench in the big room.

So Feck this I drew a line in the sand. She has air con or I stay with my Mexican mates

So a unit for a bedroom? Korat is the town. Please recomendations

Cheers Steve

Mid
06-10-2019, 09:53 PM
spend the coin on a split system OR buy ear plugs .

Boon Mee
06-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Suck it up and deal with the A/C ...:los:

temsom
11-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Has anybody tried to install new uPVC windows? The new double glazed ones look pretty interesting: https://www.blueskywindows.com.au/double-glazed-windows/ I always prefer natural air conditioning, moreover, new locking systems said to be pretty reliable.

lamphun
11-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Make your rooms better insulated, thus preserving warm air inside the building. As a consequence, there are fewer draughts and less heat loss, which in its turn results in reduced energy bill

The opposite of what’s needed here.

Hugh Cow
11-13-2019, 01:03 PM
So OK I am not a full time resident or even a long term resident. But I do due diligence each year for the lat decade.

So after parking the floating home in the Sea of Cortez I headed off to Korrat and 46 c.

The mil would try to sleep om a wooden bench in the big room.

So Feck this I drew a line in the sand. She has air con or I stay with my Mexican mates

So a unit for a bedroom? Korat is the town. Please recomendations

Cheers Steve

A quick rule of thumb estimate. Take the floor area in square feet and multiply by 50. The answer is in BTUs.

E.G. bedroom 10 feet X 10 feet = 100 Square feet X 50 = 5,000 BtUs. I think I posted a thread on Airconditioning in Construction before called Airconditioning your hovel. You may find some useful information there.