Television Binge Watching During the Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Binge Watching During the Apocalypse

The air is foul, the shopping malls are closed, time to binge watch TV Shows.

Freud (my rating 8/10)

German language with subtitles on Netflix. Sigmund Freud plays detective. Nothing to do with the real person but a very well produced period detective piece. Lots of gore, sex and grime. Great production, but a bit of a daft story.

IMDB:
    Vienna, 1886. The young Sigmund Freud is still a long way from being a globally revered national figure. His peculiar concept of the unconscious and his use of hypnosis draws ridicule and sees him marginalized by the medical establishment. His professional reputation is at stake, as is his engagement to his beloved Martha.

He finds distraction by accompanying his friend Arthur Schnitzler to cocaine-fueled nights with Vienna's high society. When this same society is shaken by a series of mysterious murders, Freud enlists the aid of fragile medium Fleur and traumatized war veteran and policeman Alfred Kiss in his bid to expose the masterminds behind the crimes, which are causing a stir - even in the upper echelons of political circles

I visited TC a few times as a guest but had to stop. It is a sickening place. - Aging One

Fringe (my rating 6/10)

The X-Files for people with a brain and it stars Anna Torv.

The show ran for 5 seasons so offers massive amounts of couch surfing.

IMDB:
    The FBI teams up with a formerly-institutionalized scientist - who was performing experiments on the fringe of real science - and his son to investigate weird crimes that are seemingly part of a larger pattern, and may be connected with a global company called Massive Dynamic.

I visited TC a few times as a guest but had to stop. It is a sickening place. - Aging One

Comment

Money Heist (my rating 6/10)

On Netflix, a gang of thieves takes over the Spanish Mint and barricades themselves in while they print a bunch of money. Lots of plot twists but spoiled slightly IMHO by too many flashbacks.

IMDB:
      A group of unique robbers assault the Factory of Moneda and Timbre to carry out the most perfect robbery in the history of Spain and take home 2.4 billion euros.

Comment

Working...
      X