Life Without - A Memoir - continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 16: Decisions, Decisions

Following Attorney Natty Bumpo's Advice I moseyed on down to the Information Bulletin Board in the "Inmate Services" wing. I perused....well....browsed.... information on the education board. It was a montage of information on papers, pamphlets and cards of self-help, group meetings and this-and-that anonymous. Maybe I'd find something that would interest me. And I remembered his message to me for the parole board: "Establish a record of well....productivity."

"I'm on a mission," I told myself. I scanned the information board:

Anger Management meetings, Tuesdays and Fridays, 3-5 pm.

"Nope," I muttered.

Continuing your relationship with your partner while Incarcerated, Mondays at 6 pm.

Vegans serving time support group: Tuesdays at 11 am.

Nah, Thought to myself.

Prepping for re-entry (back to the outside) group: Fridays, 3 pm.

Conflict Resolution Seminar, Tuesday, 7 PM. Led by Jim.

Learn Braille = Make $$$$ - Translating! Info session.

Trolling posters anonymous, Mondays, 10 am.

Communication Corner: things may cellie does that annoys me.

Financial investing for Lifers, Wednesday 4 pm, let by inmate Robert C.

Oral Hygiene: led by Jessica, Wednesday, 11 AM

Well, I'm free Wednesday morning, I pondered. I wrote down this one.

Feelings check, Mondays, 6 PM

Coronavirus info session, Saturday 10 AM

And there were many more....

Jaysus, that's a handful, I thought.

I looked at my schedule and at the board again. I was off from my part-time job at the license plate factory this Wednesday because they had

to re-tool and modify the printing presses for the plate stamping.

"It looks like this is the one," I said to myself. Not my first choice, but it's what's available.

I circled the Oral Hygiene session. Led by a "Jessica." Hey, it's a good chance to see a woman, I thought. It had been a long time.

OK. booked!
    LWO Community strong!

Comment

Ch 17: Brush! Brush! Brush your teeth!

I walked in very slowlylooking around for a seat and more importantly, a familiar face. I definitely didn't want to sit up front.

A large room with 4 white walls with sterile bright lights. About 60 inmates were seated in rows of 8 inmates per row, 8 rows deeps in a square block formation.

As I glanced around. Lifting my chin and head to peer towards the back saw Keegan sitting in the very last row. Voila, I thought. I sauntered over and sat down in an open seat next to him. It was very quiet. Slight murmurs could be heard among some of the inmates in the audience. The speaker was about to enter and begin her sermon. It was 2 minutes to 2 pm. These things never started late, I'd been told.

, in a whisper.

I greeted.

"What are you doin' here?" he asked in a tone of questioning I didn't like.
      I furrowed my brow: "What are YOU doing here?"

I replied.

?

"Yeah, first one" I answered. Jesus, is this an interrogation, I thought.

Somethin

Suddenly a young female entered the room, breaking the pale white decor with color and a large wide smile. A guard shut the door behind here with a clank and stood off to the side to monitor the group of "attendees."

She stood in front of the crowd in the center of the room in front of the white board. She had semi-long straight brown hair, brown eyes, and was wearing a professional blouse and short skirt, both in matching dark brown color. She held a blue and red white-board marker in her hand. She raised her head and eyes to the top back of the room to the lights with a positive smile - just like a late night TV show host does to scan the audience with broad smile. This could be the 'Tonight Show,' I thought to myself.

Some inmates nodded, while most sat motionless. This captive audience came in all age and sized. Slightly over-weight balding and graying guys in their 40s and 50s to leaner younger 20-somethings.

Her voice faded into background noise as Keegan and I diverted our attention away from her to ourselves. One of the BIG benefits of sitting in the last row. We whispered:

We then both tuned in to whatever she had to day.

Most inmates sat stone-faced and expressionless. A couple would nod slightly at times to show they were listening. I could tell some were actually interested.

when a large number of people are in a confined environ----I mean! When population density is high! that means, lot of people living close together!!

she stopped and then corrected herself

gingivitis, which is gum disease! When we brush, we move our brush in an up-and-down motion, not side to side because it will erode our gums!

I rolled my eyes.

what....?

"Now let's do a chant! To help us remember how to properly brush our pearly whites!! Everybody stand-up!!"

Some inmates look at each other, hesitant. Definitely self-conscious.

"It's OK! Let's get moving! Please stand up!!

Slowly, inmates stood up, now looking straight at our speaker, Jessica.

Now....follow my motions! Arms out straight!

She put her arms out straight ahead at the shoulder width.

Now copy my movements and repeat after me! When we're brushing out teeth we brush,

"Up, up, up and down!! Not, not, side-to side!!

She jerked her straight-locked arms up and down to hear head and then down to here hips in a fast jerk-like movement.

Some inmates, smiled. I heard a laugh. Nobody did it, thinking it was too silly or they were too embarrassed.

"Now, let's do it!!" I do it, you all do it!!

"Arms out straight!!." She was yelling even louder now. "it's OK!!!!! Don't shy!!!!

The guard in the room standing off to the side, put his arms out.

The inmates followed.

"Say it with me!!"

Up, up, up and down! Not, not, side to side! as she made one side-step to the left and back to here original position.

Again! Everybody! You in the back row also!!

"Up, up, up and down!! The inmates repeated this time, loudly.

"Not, not, side to side!"

We all did this like, 8 times. Here hair was not flopping around as she made abrupt movements, like a cardio bunny on a stair-master in a fitness center going hard-core. Her hair will now messed up, covering part of her eyes and face. It was bizarre. Some inmates did this with serious enthusiasm. These ones were probably on stimulants, while others were just lackadaisically going through the motions - probably a sedatives - prescribed by the infirmary. Others, just seemed burned out on everything. Me and Keegan did it half-heartedly just to not stand out as refusing to "participate."

Very good! Please take your seats!!

She turned to the whiteboard with her blue marker.

"Now! what's in our mouths?!

Silence.....then...."teeth!" an inmate bellowed.

"Yes, that right. 32 teeth, in fact!!

"What else in our mouths?!

"Tongue!" another blurted out-loud.

"Indeed!"

"And there's another thing!.....we have millions of them in our mouths!!!

Silence.

She gave us this one: Bacteria!!!"

She turned to the board and wrote "Bacteria" on the board and repeated with syllables: "Bac-ter-ia!!"

LWO Community strong!

Comment

Ch 18: 2 Down

Another morning. That thing called Life. I slowly transitioned into a state of consciousness. Meaning, going from a deep sleep to a lighter one to outright awakening. As I laid on my lower bunk I stared up into the bottom of the dark ply-wood board of the empty bunk above me. I heard a slight din of chatter from a far distance of inmates in my cell block. Mark had gotten up and hour and a half earlier and headed out to his day job at the prison laundry. I was so used to the occasional noise from Mark and other inmates now that I continued to sleep right on through it. Although in fairness to Mark, he was fairly quiet getting up and ready.

Today....was March 1, 2020.

2 Down, my inner voice told me.

It was 2 years ago today, that I received that message: Banned.

Banned until getting 100 positive green repo points.

The chance of me getting 100 positive green repo points was about as good George Best giving up the drink.

I sat up in my bunk putting my feet on the cold concrete floor, staring at the wall in front of me. I was still waking up. I breathed slowly....deeply.

Snapping to it now, I remembered that I had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Ganel today. Ganel that was the way she was the last time I saw her. It had been some time. Perhaps 8 or 9 months.

I got up and made a cup of 'mud' as they call it: instant coffee. I plugged in the chord from the mini metal water heater into the wall socket. It heated automatically. There was no "on" or "off" button. That rumbling noise, then steam, then ahh-yeah: hot water.

Black coffee. No cream, no sugar.

Same hallway. Same chair again. I sat again. I waited again. the door opened just as before.

She motioned me into her office and to the client chair and I sat down in front of her desk facing her.

it beforehand to prep for her questions to me.

....I

what we inmates call it. That's what we call it," I added.

Dr. Ganel nodded.

During these 2 yearsnever get comfortable in prison. Other inmates can smell that on you, and they will make moves against you to take advantage of you.

now had somewhat longer hair, slicked back, and a thin mustache.

I'd gotten a lot more muscular after hitting the Iron Pile on a regular basis. The Iron Pile is the weight pile. All forum member inmates are required to hit it with their "car" - their crew - to keep in top shape. Not only strength but cardio. Because if something kicks off and you go to war and you get winded you'll lose the fight and possibly even your life.

"Hmm....it seems people with tatts always need to tell some story...to explain the reason they got it...."I said.

"It's up to you, Gramps. I was just curious," she added.

I looked down and pulled up the left sleeve of my t-shirt to my shoulder, turning my upper-arm towards her to show her. I thought to myself,

"Does the absence of a bird have meaning?" Asked Dr. Ganel with interest.

not confined up....but mentally, no. Not at all. My spirit is free."

Dr. Ganel a positive way approach

Yes....there is a date: March 1, 2018 - ?

March 1, 2018 is the date I was banned and sentenced to life.....the beginning....

Dr. Ganel, agreed with her facial expression as she held her hands lightly clasped together with her elbows resting on her desk. She looked professionally serious but tranquil.

May I ask you.....?

She paused.

"You can ask me anything you want, Dr. Ganel."

"OK....do you have any resentment towards those involved in banning you?"

"No....no, not at all. I've move on. The past is the past. I need to focus on today. I started writing----"

"Oh yes?"

"Yeah, kind of like poems, a bit like rap. I brought my notebook with me today. I write these rhymes in when I get ideas and then I say them out-loud in my cell to see how they jell.

"Would you be willing to read some of them to me....to share them?" I'd like to hear them....if it's OK with you, Grampa."

"Sure," I responded, taking out my notebook and opening it. "May I stand-up while I read?"

"Certainly."

I stood up to read my poetry-rap, holding my notebook to read in front of me, taking a deep breath....

[Sound fade out, picture fade out.]
        LWO Community strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Boots View Post
          Ch 18: 2 Down

Banned until getting 100 positive green repo points.
          Curious. During the past two years how many greens have you acquired?
          Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Comment

Ch. 19
            Bustin' Ryhmes

I paused....something wasn't right. I felt like I needed more Hooch than the 2 shots that I downed in my cell I took before coming here. But anyway.....

"Let's here it," she proclaimed.

"Oh, but first: I need a back-beat."

"A back-beat?" asked Ganel, visibly perplexed.

"Yes....a repetitive beat in the back ground to I can hit the rhythm. Can you please help me and do this?

"Well, yes....can you show me how?" Asked Ganel.

I walked over to her desk, stood and her side, bent over a tad and put closed fists out an inch above her mahogany desk.

"Like this," I instructed, tapping my knuckles on the wooden desk with the same repetitive rhythm beat.

Knock-knock-knock (1 second pause) knock-knock-knock
            (1 second pause) knock-knock-knock (1/2 second pause) knock (1 second pause)....knock-knock.

It's 3-3-3-1-2 separated by a one second pause"

"OK," affirmed Ganel.

Dr. Ganel clenched her fists and looked at them in a strange and bemused manner...like she'd never seen her hands in this fashion before. But she looked curious and interested.

"Follow me," I said....and I did the 3-3-3-1-2 knock.

"3-3-3-1-2" I repeated, sounding like a coach.

"Got it," said Dr. Ganel.

She did it:
            knock-knock-knock.....knock-knock-knock....knock-knock-knock....knock....knock-knock

"Good, let's do it again together 5 times."

We did it in harmony. It was perfect.

"OK, we've got our back-beat" I announced.

Now with the back-beat, with your vocal chords you can sort of hum....with a bust of air....make this noise at the same time your knuckles hit the wood," I instructed and modeled.

"Boom-boom-bop....boom-boom-bop....boom-boom-boom-boom....boom, bop."

Ganel tried the "boom-boom-bops." again perfect.....it was awkward at first, but then she got it. She could do both the "boom-bops and knock-knocks at the same rhythm together.

"OK, we're ready," I said, elated.

"Alright, let's go," said Dr. Ganel enthusiastically, taking off her spectacles. She looked so different without them.

"On 3....

1....2....3....Kick it!

She started the "boom-bops" and knuckle-knock back-beat.

She appeared wooden and uncomfortable but her timing was perfect. She then started to move her shoulders and shift side with her torso. She was getting into it! Her head and neck were bobbing with the beats! She was musical!

I breathed deep and and started my rhyme after 2 of her back-beat cycles:

1-2-3!

Now first I wanna state
            This'll be the last time I ever mention that place
            as I harbor no hate just got somethin' to say

From my perspective on this situation
            there is no justification but I wont succumb
            to that senseless electronic forum masturbation

Over there over there over there

Down with the homies that I bail out
            My story's goin' platinum and
            I won't have to sell-out
            F-you Grampa that was the dirty 5 say
            in that other place spelled with the triple-K

at times people ask me if I hold any animosity

my answer's "hell no" I only focus on positivity
            We're all cognizant of the fact that I'm "Mr. Century"

I should have left a long time before
            But before I could they showed me the door

and now I have this fresh blank slate that's elevating my mental state

I'm happy here lovin' life at TC
            This is the place where I can quintessentially be me
            now postin' with glee - not disharmony
            I left infinite and ubiquitous misery

immunity

The prison-industrial system thinks I'm a statistic

But I'm an individual who's realistic
            I'm readin' and rightin' with perpetual persistence
            with a goal of becoming a jailhouse a mystic

if some want to be negative then that's their prerogative

those that promoted perpetual negativity

are still in LOS but they practice celibacy

they only dissed me to express their envy

Thank you NDT and TC

until the end of my life-time sentence for a non-existent crime

I caught an infinite sentence b

I've never searched for serenity but have definitely found
            equanimity

When I got slapped with jail other posters thought I was full of heartache but that wasn't the case
            I was captivated by movin' on to a new place

even though it came so harsh and quick
            and it's given me time to bust out scripts

Natty Bumpo believes in me and together as a team I will be free I'll wage a battle for fairness and clemency
            In the end those over there'll eventually see

Outside of these ryhmes Office Mike Rye was walking down the corridor with his handlebar mustache, broad shoulders and bulging forearms. As he walked past Dr. Ganel's office he heard these strange noises. He stopped in front of Ganel's door and with a perplexed facial expression crouched down a little and put his ear to the door. He heard Grampa's rhymes and Ganel's back-beats and "boom-bops." After a few seconds he started to slightly nod his head to the rythm. Then, he tapped his feet in unison with the lyrics and beat. He started moving his love-handle hips and bending his knees. He was digging this!

Ganel was going loud and hardcore now with the beats
            Her hair was messed up as the was totally enthralled.

Boom-boom-bop!!
            Boom-boom-bop, boom-boom-boom-boom bop!!

Now let's rhyme about my life on the inside
            It's my universe now and there's nowhere to hide
            I don't cry I hold my head high with pride
            Mess with me and I'll stick a shank in your side

I ain't seen a woman in years who's a lady
            listen up baby you look real pretty
            let me pull up yo' shirt and suck yo' t*tties
            Desperate lady I love yo so, since the time I've left
            my d--k has grown
            Let's rent a room in a f*ck motel and play this game called
            ring the slave bells
            Put a "do not disturb sign on the door and ride this d--K 'till it gets sore

Mark is my cellie I'm with his crew I'm an associate
            ain't a full member yet nor laureate
            Safety in Numbers is how we protect
            with our shields armor & ammunition in effect

I understand how all my homies feel
            'cause I've been shanked and to this day
            I pack me steel.

Sentenced-banned-exiled to prison territory
            where you don't talk only the streets tell stories
            With gangs and predators all over the streets
            and if you're slippin' you'll be 6-feet-deep

Last year I went to check that place the "server was busy"
            for me couldn't read any any space
            I knew it was their shallow and predictable way to save face because they can't communicate

Only a few left-over burnouts spewing hate

it's their choice - but here I now have a voice

One gets drunk and cusses sayin' he gotta Tesla but's takin' buses
            Another's aging angrily and shamefully
            while another's lookin' for hobbies at over 70

I'm just bein' me contributing freely at TC

I'm happy here I'm happy now

I'm no longer surrounded by those redding clowns

Officer Rye heard footsteps around the corner and promptly straighted up, stopped bobbing to the beats and continued his walk down the corridor so as not to be seen.

Some think I wanna return No I've never yearned

No need for me to save face

a solid reader base
            Have a good day I wish you the best
            For once and for all let's put all this to rest...."

"That's it." I glanced towards the floor in a humble manner with a deep but quiet exhale.

Silence filled the room.

Dr. Ganel, arched her back straight in her chair, made a deep breathe and made direct eye contact with me and we nodded together slightly.

We both felt something....it was an enigmatic energy....that was also was cathartic.

"I've moved on," I said out-loud to myself more than Ganel.

This is chapter is dedicated to NTD, TC, and my supporters.

(1) one lyric passage sourced from Two Live Crew, 1989

LWO Community strong!

Comment

Originally posted by S Landreth View Post
              Curious. During the past two years how many greens have you acquired?
              I guess that's zero then?
              Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Comment

Ch. 20

Problems

I heard the pain of noise. Noise. Any noise....annoyed. My mouth was bone dry. My lips parched. I had that feeling that this was going to be a long day - and I hadn't even gotten up yet. I was a statue. My head throbbed with the pulse of my heartbeat.

I still hadn't opened my eyes My pillow and bed sheet were still covering my face. I wanted to avoid any shimmer of light. I heard the normal movements. Stuff being put down, A bag opened, things moved around. Light footsteps.

I rolled over and laid on my back....I pulled my bed sheet slowly from over my head....squinted for a second, then blinked quickly to slowly let

my eyes dilate. I was looking straight up at the dark wooden plank above me that was the bottom of the upper bunk

When I got accustomed to the light I turned my head and saw Mark standing in front of our desk with his back turned to me. He was putting what looked like a packet a postage stamps into a plastic container that he keeps locked in his locker.

"How was your meetin' with the Shrink for your 2-down anniversary?" Mark asked as he settled some things of his on the desk.

"It was OK." I didn't tell him about our rap-n-rhyme duet.

"How's the head?" he asked with his back still turned to me.

"Uhm....." was all that I felt like answering.

"You been hittin' the hooch quite a bit," he said.

"Yeah," I responded in an exasperating but quiet exhale.

"Up to you what you do man.....but be careful with that sh*t. Who knows what they put in that home-made booze. Could be anything. It gives those wicked hangovers."

You can say that again, I thought.

"Hooch" aka "Pruno:" prison homemade booze. Good ol' fermentation of god's fruits and such. The Nectar of the Gods. Some inmates are willing to make it and sell it to those who prefer alcohol as their drug of choice. By buying it the buyer, or let's say the consumer, doesn't have to gather the up ingredients, make the concoction, and wait for it to ferment and take the risk of getting caught by random guard searches. Alcohol....hooch....is contraband, of course. You get written up for having a prohibited substance. That means negative points. And with enough negative points that means a loss of privileges, reduction of time-off for good behavior and eventually a stint in the hole. These negatives create a demand from inmates that want to buy it and drink it without doing the risk of "cooking" it. And, they can drink it as much as they want, even every day or night, provided they have the money.....or in some cases....the credit.

And herein lies the issue.

Gramps had always had a fondness for beer. So much so, that his waist, driving record, and at times forum posts were....put at a detriment to himself, if you know what I mean.

Mark added, "you got the Hooch-Head, that's a nasty Pruno hangover."

'Yeah.....I said a bit drawn out with my vowels.

"No work today huh?" Mark asked rhetorically.

The clocked said 11:45 AM. My shift started at 8:00 AM.

We both knew Jimmy, the foreman at the licence plate factory. In fact, it was Mark that got me the job. I was sure Jimmy
                was going to chew me out the next time I went to work. I didn't even call in.

Mark took our only cell's chair, turned it around so it faced backwards and sat down on it, looking directly at me.

"Look, like I said before. I ain't ya mother. And I don't like tellin' guys what to o do, but that hooch....it's messin' you up. It's makin' '
                you silly.....

"I know, I know," I agreed.

"Well, we're crammed up in this small box for the night....and when you're pissed on this hooch it rubs off on me too...startin' to annoy me.

I nodded.

"OK....no more hooch for a while," I said.

"A good while," Mark added. "Look if you wanna get deep on the booze that your business, but we can't cell together if you want to."

This caught me by surprise. I woke up immediately.

"Nah, I'm good, Mark. I'm dry. From now on. Dry."

"OK!" said Mark louder than usual as we bumped fists lightly.

"Ya know Gramps, I hooked you up with that license plate factory job with Jimmy. Now, by you bein' flaky that makes me look bad, ya know?"

I nodded in agreement.

Mark added. "We all got our thing. When I was younger I loved weed. Sh*t, I was smokin' reefer 7 days a week....started to cause me
                problems here and there....relationships....lungs....and such. You like booze. That's OK....just remember two of us are crammed up in here. I don't drink anymore and that Pruno stinks while you're sipping on it. In the morning when I wake up it smells like a Brewery. I can't have that.

"Got it," I said.

"Good," confirmed Mark. "But it's not the just you're drinkin'. There is something much bigger and much worse than that related to you knockin' back all this Hooch.

"Huh?" I asked. I didn't understand.

One problem, is that by getting sucked into the hooch you're hurting the crew. When a fight or riots kicks off we need our members fully prepared and ready for battle. If you're drunk you won't have a chance. That puts the rest of us at risk. Hooch once in a while is OK, but you don't do that. It's every f*ckin' night you're gettin' plastered gettin' sloppy. And, the guards will eventually notice, do an inspection and they'll find the Hooch in our cell and I get busted too."

"My hoochin' hasn't been that bad," I pleaded.

"Not that bad? You been on the sauce for several months and you been f*cked up on hooch 19 days in a row."

"What do you mean, 19 days?" I asked incredulously.

Marked opened up a drawer, pulled out a daily planner, opened it up and showed me his nightly tracking. I could see his ticks on each day in the calendar.

"Alright," I responded, but inside that pissed me. Tracking me like some kind of boss. My head was still throbbing and knowing this was a serious issue for Mark and was not going to go away.

"I understand," I sad to him to break the silence.

"You better understand!" Mark furthered, looking directly at my eyes for a few seconds.

I nodded again. I knew where this was going.

Mark was serious, and even getting slightly confrontational.

And he continued:

"NOW!.... this.....is EVEN WORSE:..I heard you been borrowin'....runnin' up debts for your booze. From the Ramirez brothers!!!"

I sighed again, lowered my head and put my face in my palms.

"Is this true?!" Mark asked me, now sounding like a prosecutor in court.

"Yes."

"How much you owe them?"

"$275," I answered sheepishly.

"Two-hundred-seventy five dollars!!!!"

Jesus Christ do you know who the brothers are!? Do you know who you're f*ckin' with! Do you know why they're in here?!! Guys get their wig split for a $10 debt they can't pay and you run up a tab like that?! Mark was visibly hot. "How are you gonna pay that?! On a license plate factory job paying .30 cents an hour?! With you owin' this level of debt to them, my crew cannot protect you and REMEMBER, you're still only an "associate." You have not been voted in yet as a full member. If ......that even happens. We cannot protect you or negotiate on your behalf with the Brothers with debt that high."

Mark was clenching his teeth with his mouth closed.

I told you in (see Chapter 7, Learning the Ropes) the dangers of running up debt!!!!!

I breathed in deep and blew out.

Mark lowered his voice now and talked to me rather than shouting:

"Runnin' up debts for booze - is same as a drug, because it is one. same a Coke, H, Meth.....all that sh*t.....it takes control away from you and gives it to the people you owe debt to. If you can't pay it back, you get a vicious beatin', have to pay high interest charges forever, have to give lenders your things and you might even end up like Dead Beat Danny."

"Dead Beat Danny?" I asked with total ignorance.

"Danny....Deadbeat Danny....He's a guy should meet to learn about what can happen when you get in the hole with debt.

"Oh, that guy. I've heard his name dropped a couple times."

"You don't wanna end up like him. He's a habitual gambler....he runs up debts....Often gambles and can't pay and then he ends being somebody's b-------"

Mark stopped without finished the last word. But I knew what it was: "b*tch."

"To be somebody's b*tch" meant....you know.....your manhood gets taken in return to paying the debt. You become what they call a "Boy Toy" to a Perv that pays off the debt in exchange for the borrower to doing him favors because he paid it. It's the number 1 reason guys in here get their Cheeks Busted. They take your cheeks.....and I ain't talkin' about the cheeks on your face."

I sat quiet, expressionless, but my eyes reflected the pain of my disappointment for what I'd done to Mark.

"I gotta go to lunch before I get back to my laundry shift. And start payin' the Ramirez brothers back for the booze you bought!!
                I sound like a broken record, but they want you in debt to them. That way they can control you. Extort from you, and even worse.

I nodded again. "Got it. I'm on it," I promised

"See ya tonight, be good," said Mark in an avuncular way, as he patted me on the shoulder as he turned to leave he stopped at the open cell door and turned facing me.

"And you're goin' to a meetin' this week.'

"Meeting? What?"

"Yeah, a meeting. And you WILL go!"

"What?

"Hoochers Anonymous."

I looked at Mark like he was nuts.

"And If you don't start going you'll have to find a new cellie and you're no longer an associate of my crew," Mark declared.

I was shell-shocked. Stone faced.

"You got 2 options: start attending, or clean your stuff out of this cell by tomorrow morning."

I took the deepest breath I've ever taken. He had given me an ultimatum.

Inside my mind thought of making a cell transfer request came swiftly. I'll boot off then....But a second after that thought I knew things would be far worse with another cellie and trying to get on as an associate with another crew. Start all over from scratch? I knew that would be hard. Mark knew it too. He had leverage. I had to weigh things. But I was willing to take my chances to lead the lifestyle I wanted to live. I was a lot of things, but I sure wasn't a damn tee-totaler. The Hooch took the edge off and helped me deal with the daily pressures of prison. Everyone has their vice.

I looked at Mark with a stare similar to what a puppy dog gives its owner when its cold outside in the Winter and the dog wants in. Mark was not only a mentor who's done a lot for me but also my cellie and my crew leader. I'd let him down. I felt quilt. And also, he had pull. He was also the guy who would have the final say in me becoming a full member of his crew and not just remaining as an "associate."

I continued to stare, but away from Mark and towards the floor of our cell.

"Book a meetin' this week. I know Terry, one of the mentors."

I breathed a deep sigh, again. Mark turned, facing me:

"Ya hear me! Book a meetin' this week. You're up for review to be a member of our crew in 3 months...if that's still what you want."

I didn't answer. I had a look of F-you to Mark in my eyes. I gave him a wicked stare of defiance.

Mark left the cell.....I'll make the first move and transfer, F*ck him, I thought.I continued to sit on my bunk. I knew things had changed. And things were about to change in a big way.
                LWO Community strong!

Comment

Ch. 21

Change

I made the decision. I made the change.

I sat in the chair. Bored from the start. "It began as a mistake," to quote fellow piss-tank Charles Bukowski.

Exactly 1 minute later a man walked in the room with a slight spring in his step. Mid-30s, cargo khakis, semi-tie-dyed t-shirt, short beard, spectacles and a short pony-tail in that "trying to get longer mode." This guy had Sensitive Man with Pony Tail written all over him.

What have I gotten myself into? I thought to myself.

The man stood in the front of us in our U-shaped chairs formation. There were 14 of us.

"Hi guys!"

A couple responses of "Hi" and "hey!" could be heard.

"OK, 3 o'clock, let's get started!"

Terry took a sip of coffee from a styro-foam cup. I glanced over to the Bun-O-matic coffee machine on the table against the wall. It must have had 30 years of use. The mud in those two coffee-stained pitchers looked like it was 2 weeks old, it was so thick and syrupy.

"We've got a new member tonight, let's welcome Grampa," he told the group, gesturing towards me.

"Hi, Grampa" the group said in lackadaisical unison.

"Welcome Grampa! Please tell us a little about yourself" said Terry.

"OK....I'm....."...I looked around sheepishly...."My name's Grampa.....I'm.....here tonight to learn and to......change some things."

A couple of members nodded with slight smiles in a welcoming and amicable manner.

"And may I ask, Grampa what is the reason or some of the reasons, of why you decided to come and join us tonight?"

"Well"....I sighed..."it was my cellie's idea. I'd been hooching it up in our cell at night when we're locked in for the night and....it started to
                  annoy him so he recommended me coming here."

"OK," responded Terry. "You don't have to open up and tell us much tonight. This is your first meeting. It's OK to listen. In the future we'd appreciate it
                  if you share some of your experiences with us - and trust me - we've all been down the same road.

Terry gave more instructions: "And, Grampa. It's important to note that although Hooch - alcohol - is a prohibited substance here in our facility, we will not be reported to the guards nor receive any infraction points for talking about our drinking. It's also not going to be reported that some members have brewed home-booze in the past or purchased it from other inmates. Everything here is with full immunity - and anonymity. There are NO judgments here. We are here from the same reasons - although each of us has had our own individual journey."

I nodded. "Thank you, Terry."

"OK, now that that's out of the way, who'd like to start with Feelings Check?"

A man raised his hand.

"OK, Randy, let's here it."

"Hi, my name is Randy and I'm a Hoochaholic."

"Hi, Randy!" the group regurgitated together.

"How am I feelin' today.....I'm feeling pretty pissed off. I'm very pissed off!"

"What's been going on?" Asked Terry.

"I'm supposed to be released in 6 months----"

"That's great!" we heard from another member. A couple of claps erupted and then everything joined in including me and it got louder and louder.
                  When it stopped, Randy continued.

"I've got a job lined up for when I get released. It was all set up. Friend of my brother's. Guy runs an auto-shop. I got experience in that. Everything was good to go but now my future Parole Officer says it's too far from the half-way house I'm gonna be in and I can't work that far from the half-way house! They set things up for people to fail in here!! I'm gettin' urges to take the edge off and go off the wagon!

Terry nodded with sincere empathy. He was now sitting in front of our U-formation group.

Another member asked from the right side: "how is it too far, Randy?"

"It's a 50 minute drive each way. I'll be living in Ballard but the job is in Spanaway. They don't have enough rooms in the half-way house near Spanaway to allow me to live there. I'm stuck in Ballard. It's bullsh*t."

Some members nodded.

"Any alternatives for work Randy?" asked another man.

"I'll have to look for another job closer to Ballard. But who wants to here an ex-Con?"

"Anything else Randy?" Asked Terry

"Nah."

"Randy keep us posted and on the bright-side you're about the get released. I think all of us here wish we were in your shoes!"

"OK, folks. Let's move on to the topic of today: triggers.

We're all human, Randy. You mentioned having urges. Sometimes there are triggers that cause us to want to drink. It could be a rough day at the prison job, problems with your significant other on the outside, or just the daily pressures of being in prison....One thing that is fairly common is for recovering Hoochers is to.........

[Fade out]

My first meeting left me feeling positive. I felt good. I was starting to think Mark was right in pushing me to go. I made the right choice, I thought. I rejected my innate stubbornness and chose to stay in 32-C with Mark and not stomp off to another cell just to feed my ego. I was ready to get my act together, got off of the booze and find a way to pay my debt, even though I was broke.

I was walking back to my cell after my first Hoochaholic meeting and as I got closer to my cell on the 3rd tier I saw something definitely not right at all. The 2 weirdos from the showers (see chapter 13) were standing near my cell door: Turbo and Charu. I never saw them around this part of D-block. Ever. Their facial expressions were neutral but in prison, you never knew what that meant. Turbo seemed even bigger than he was in the showers. He towered over everyone had the most muscle on him in the entire prison. He's was juicing, on 'roids, no doubt. His upper-arm biceps and triceps were thicker than my head. My spidy-senses started rising. I'd been in prison long enough to have the instincts. I looked straight at them without saying a word and walked to the entrance of my cell door and just before I stepped in

"Hey Gramps!" I heard someone say loudly to me from behind.

I spun around quickly, as this is what you do when you have the sense that something is getting tense.

It was Pete South. He must've been following me and was now we were 3 feet away from each other.

I looked at his eyes with a glare. I looked into those eyes and they were opaque. Like an abyss, a nothingness inside them.

"Ya didn't come to our party?" he said in a sarcastic tone with a contrived smile.

"What do you want?" I asked in a threatening voice, aware of the two behind me.

"I don't want anything....but I got a message for you."

"Message?"

"You gotta hearing problem!? You deaf? Open up your f*ckin' ears," he said menacingly. I quickly glanced back to check Turbo and Charu. They were still standing very close right behind me. I could almost feel Turbo breathing on me.

"Message from who?"

"Ramirez brothers."

Silence.

Pete and I both directly fixed our eyes on each other for about 5 seconds.

"What?" I asked, visibly angry. We both knew what this was about.

"Pay them the f*ckin' money!"

"I'll get it figured out," I told him.

"Make f*ckin' sure you do."

Pete tilted his head to his 2 cronies as a signal to leave and they walked past me, one bumping me slightly on purpose, as they followed Pete as he walking away.

"See you in the showers," the giant Turbo said to me with a wink and a grin as he walked off.

I walked into my cell and sat on my bunk.

Sh*t, I thought to myself. How am I going to get out of this mess when I don't have a dime to my name?
                  LWO Community strong!

Comment

Ch. 22

So....who is Pete South?

I had to keep a real-life nightmare from happening, and fast.

It'd been a couple of days since Pete South and his 2 soldiers Charu and Turbo approached me at my cell with threats demanding paying for the Ramirez Brothers. All of this, was the result of my my Hooch Habit combined with a lack of funds. When I first encountered them in the showers (see Ch. 13) ....they broke all of the unwritten prison rules inmates are supposed to follow: never choose a shower head right next to a guy when many others were available, never start a conversation while showering, and then....inviting me to "party" in their cell. They broke all of the protocols.

I still had not mentioned to Mark that they were waiting outside of my cell harking about my debt and I wasn't about to tell him. Nor did I ever tell him about the shower incident. But now I decided to tell him about the shower situation in order to get more info about South and his cronies. Mark was the Oracle. He knew everything about everyone.

We were chilling in our cell.

"Hey, I'm gonna tell you somethin'".... and I told him the full scenario of what happened in the showers.

"Those weirdos" he said, after listening intently to my shower story and not saying a word. He continued:

"Prison has a lot of messed up people. Best thing to do is for you to keep away from them and keep them away from you," Mark advised. "Ya don't talk to people ya don't wanna talk with. That's a rule. If they approach you or talk to you, you warn 'em.

"What do you know about Pete South?" I asked.

That guy Pete.......looks like Peter N*rth, the actor. That's why we call him "Pete South" - a nickname because of his similar appearance to that actor. He's got a six-pack, good looks, and is also from Southern California. That's another reason for the nickname Pete South. His real name is Peter D'Angelo. His family's got money. They send him regular deposits and part of that he pays Turbo and Charu to be his "buddies" - but what they really are, are his protection. He's a coward that intimidates others by using his 2 sidekicks as his muscle. Turbo is his boyfriend by the way. Thay have a....what do you call it?....An "Open Marriage" so to say.....or more like they are....Swingers.

I swallowed hard and I kept listening.

"He's from the upscale part of West LA....Brentwood. Claims he was a professional surfer in the past but not everybody believes it. Who knows? So many guys are full of sh*t in here.

He and his 2 hanger-ons were sizing you up in the shower. That was Pete makin' a move on ya. He was seeing if you were into that thing so he could have you as his Boy Toy. You told me you were alone in the showers - and they came up to you in the showers because you were alone. Like I said, he prays on the weak, or someone in a weak situation.

He also did that because you were new. He'd never try that with a Veteran Old Timer in here. That's a Wig-Splitting Offense.

He's weird. Strange. Off. Avoid him and if he tries to be your buddy tell him to take a hike. I ain't sayin' your soft, but you don't hit the weights enough in the yard and you've never been in a fight in here. Predator inmates make assumptions. People are always making assumptions in here."

"What's he in here for?" I asked.

"GTA - Grand Theft Auto. 4 counts. Doin' 18 years as a habitual offender with 5 down. He's gotta a long rap sheet.

"Any additional info on this guy? Like, before prison? I want all the info there is on him," I said.

"He was born to pure trailer trash in Central California, some small podunk town outside of Modesto. He moved to the LA area when his mom married-up big-time to some producer in the film industry. Pete's always had problems. Expelled from High School by the time he was 15. In and out of jail for various offenses. He was a spoiled kid who went from street punk to hustler, to pick-pocket to car thief and over time he graduated to thieving pricey expensive cars: Porsches, Jags, Benzes.....he even stole a Lambo (Lamboughini) that belonged to some star actor. We know this is true because it was in all da papers.

He's got a dark side. A short-temper. Can snap on a whim. He's been in the hole 3 times for assaulting other inmates. He's a manipulator who preys on weaker inmates. But he's not tough and doesn't know how to fight, so he sicks Turbo on people. That's the only power he has....well, two actually: His money and Turbo, to enforce his proclivities. The last shrink, the one before Dr. Ganel, diagnosed him with Narcissistic Personal Disorder (NPD)."

"How do you know that?" I asked curiously.

"Keegan used to work as an administrative assistant for the last Shrink, before she retired. He'd file documents and papers in her office. He read all of the reports on inmates, including bent Petey.

He's also a Booty Buyer," Mark added.

"A Booty Buyer?" I repeated, not understanding.

"Yeah, a Booty Buyer. Inmate goes into debt, can't pay, and he uses his well-to-do parents' wired money to his prison account to pay the debt off to the lender....and then Pete "owns" the debter's booty. Think of it as a Merger & Acquisition....or a Corporate Takeover.

This is the way things work here. These are the unwritten convict rules.

"Jesus H. Chri-----" I responded.

"Again, that why I keep sayin'....I keep preachin'....stay out of debt," Mark advised for the umpteenth time to me, as he pulled a stogie out of a pack, getting ready to light it.

"Yeah, got it," I answered.....I didn't tell Mark anything about the 3 coming to my cell about the Ramirez Brothers. I didn't want my dilemma known to Mark because he was already pissed off at me for getting into my Hooch Habit and Debt Mess to begin with.

I now knew what I was up against. I had to resolve this.....Who knows when they would approach me again and possibly engage in a beat down.
                    Marked continued: "Anyway, he's bent as a 3-dollar bill. I ain't got no problem with them, but he need not impose that on you because your straight.

Mark turned to me, and just looked at me: "Is there anything else goin' on? I mean, with you and Pete and his crew?"

I hesitated for 2 seconds......"No, no. Just wonderin' what this guy's about because of the shower thing."

I wasn't sure if Mark believed me. He paused, looking at me.

"You gotta take care of this if it happens again - You can't be associatin' with him or his fruit crew. Other inmates with thinks things and some will gossip. Rumors. This cannot happen with you bein' my cellie because those assumptions will come back on me.

You may have to do a beat down. Your first one. You might have to smash him if he tries that again, even if he orders Turbo to bash you - if you don't smash him you'll be considered weak or bent. Both of these labels will make your time in here very rough.

You got that? I ain't tellin' you what you have to do; I'm telling you what you may have to do."

"Understood," I responded with a nod to Mark, knowing he still knew nothing about Pete demanding payment on behalf of the Brothers. I was being dishonest in this sense. Deceit by Omission.

I knew if I could just pay off the debt that my problem with them would go away.

LWO Community strong!

Comment

Chapter 23

Drenched

Day number: ?

I stopped counting. I just hit the 2 year mark. What was point?

I got back to my cell after playing horseshoes at the Rec Yard and put on my slippies and grabbed my towel, soap, and shampoo bottle. Just another day.

Shower time.

It was 2:30 PM.

As I entered the shower room it was strangely empty. Very odd for it to be so because many inmates often showered after lifting and doing afternoon sport activities in the yard. I felt an unusually silent and eerie aura.

I walked into the dull whiteness of the shower room for Block-D and walked over to a hanging spigot mid-way down on the right side. I usually chose this one.

I turned the nozzle and water flowed over my head. I closed my eyes. I wanted the warm water to run over my body for bit longer in this cold Winter. It was a lot colder this Winter than usual.

With my eyes still closed, I heard a different spigot shoot....Fffffsssshhhhh......

I opened my eyes and turned right, towards the sound. The water was still streaming over my head.

It was.....Pete South.

He turned his head, tilted it in a funny way and said, "Hey....long time no see!" Even though we had our negatvie confrontation in front of my cell the day before.

I said nothing and turned my head forward and started to lather my hair and scalp with shampoo.

"Hey!....I'm talkin' to YOU!" he said louder in a more aggressive tone.

I turned my head: "Back off!"

Then, all of a sudden a spigot behind me opened. Fffffsssshhhh!!!

It was Turbo. Again.

I felt footsteps behind me and glanced with surprise that I was trying to conceal and kept the corner of my eye on him. Then Taru, Pete's other crew member and errand boy, stopped 3 spigots down from me and let the water run loose.

I had Pete to my right, Taru to my left and the huge monster of Turbo behind me. And to add Pete South's hostile tone of voice.

This movie was not going to end well, I thought.
                      My fight or flight instincts activated and my pulse stated to pound more quickly. I was buck naked. No shank, no foot wear for running or kicking, no object to use as a weapon. Same for them, but they were three and I was one.

My spidy senses told me that something bad sh*t was going down. I KNEW something was going down.

"So Again! I wanna know why you didn't come to my party??!!"

"Because I wasn't interested....look.....Pete....I'm trying to pay the money to the Brothers.....whatever you want from me...I'm not interested. You got that!!??

"Ohh.....sensitive type huh?!

"We had hooch waiting for you at our fiesta. Pruno. Home-made booze all for you. We know it's your kick. Your drug of choice," said Pete Curtly.

"My drug of choice is my business and it ain't no concern of yours," I said in a lower voice this time.

"You owe....and you're gonna pay."

"I don't owe you sh*t, dude."

"You owe the Ramirez brothers.....a LOT......you been buying their Hooch on credit. You ain't paid 'em back."

"I already talked to them...we're working things out. This ain't your business, Pete."

It IS my business now - as well as Turbo's....and Charu's....

"No, it's not and mind your own f*ckin' business," I ordered.

Pete's friendly-facade was long gone had he now turned even more sinister since yesterday. You could see it again in his eyes.

"It's our business now, because the Ramirez brothers paid us 3 to punish you for not paying your bills for their booze you been buyin'. You made them look soft by not payin'. You can't get away without paying your debts. And we're here to follow up on our agreement with The Brothers and do what they paid us do....to teach you a lesson....to pay your bills and debts. But we went beyond that. The Brothers are out of the picture now!"

"How are they out of the picture?" I asked.

"Shut up!!" Pete commanded.

My eyes grew wide. I froze. I looked for a gap to run through out of the shower between them but I was already encircled. I was dead center in the middle of a human triangle. I had 6 eyes, 6 arms, and 6 legs angling slowly for me.

Pete slowly walked towards me keeping close to the wall....Charu inched closer from behind like a snake waiting to strike. Turbo the long-dong, moved in methodically. They were predators; I was the prey. Sh*t, you oughtta put this on the Wild Animal Documentary channel.

"I'll pay the brothers!!!! I swear!!!! I'll pay them today!!!

"It's too late for that, Gramps. Well....you WILL pay!" The others laughed out loud.

"Please, no!!!!!!

"Turbo, get his him his arms" Pete ordered, and in instant both of my arms were grabbed and pulled back behind me. My shoulders felt the burn from being yanked back so far. I let out a mid-toned grunt at the pain.

Charu pulled out a sock from his folded shower towel. I was struggling with my torso, arms, legs and feet. Frantically trying to escape. Turbo yanked my arms back with a quick yank and released.

Turbo commanded, "Stop fightin' back or I'll dislocate your shoulder. I'll pop it out."

Taru swooped down and latched on to my right leg at the knee, locking it.

I kept Looking toward the entrance of the showers for any inmate or guard to walk in to give me a chance to get out of this. Charu came up to me and shoved the sock in my mouth. I made the muffled noises of grunts, breathing heavily through my nostrils so hard I could hear the air flow more than anything. I shuffled my feet. I wanted to kick, to do anything, but couldn't get my legs up.

There is no chance when it's 1 against 3.

I was the lamb, they were the lions.

"Drench him!!" Pete ordered. "Drench him!!"

"I'll pay!!" I pleaded.

"You know what Drenching is? It's like water boarding," Pete yelled in my ear and then continued:

"You're a liar! A deadbeat!! No need to pay now. Me and Turbo went 50/50 and paid your debt to the Ramirez Brothers. You belong to us now. We own you. We bought your booty. The standard price for debt buyouts is $5 each time your cheeks are busted. $275 divided by $5 = 55 times we bust your cheecks!!

They dragged me under a spigot and turned it on full-bore right on my face. The water pressure hit me so hard I couldn't breathe or open my eyes. It was seeping into my nostrils. If I tried to breathe I'd suck water in my lungs. I felt panic. I was suffocating. Just like water boarding. Unable to breathe.

The pulled me out from the spigot just in time as I opened my jaws as wide as I could and gasped for air, hyperventilating.

"You gonna learn how to pay your bills??!! Pete hollered in my ear loud enough to hurt my ear drum and they put my fact under the spigot again under full pressure for what seemed like an eternity.

They pulled me out from the torrent. I was spent. Hyperventilating again. My legs were noodles.

"Charu, did you bring the Crisco from the prison kitchen?!" Asked Pete.

"Yeah, Boss!" Charu hollered, handing it to him. I couldn't see it directly but from the corner of my eye I saw him squeeze out a large amount and started slicking his....mid-section.

"Now bend him over," Pete instructed Charu. "I get first serves. Turbo, you can have him after I finish!"

I noticed the shape of Pete's body move behind me. This was it! I was done! Not only succumbing to a booty-bandit which was hell enough, but I would forever be known as a b*tch. Mark and his crew would not associate with me again. I was bent over and more than a 90 degree angle. Arms and legs locked.

"You resist and we'll take one of your eyes out! Understand!?

"Here we go I'm givin' it to you boy!!!!!! Pete hooted and hollered as he penet------

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything went black.

Then, sometime later, who knows when, I regained consciousness.

"I was gasping, gasping, gasping....with rapid-fire short breaths. My heart was in the danger zone.

My hair and body were soaked from the shower head. I was laying in a pool of my own fluids.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong?....hey hey?"

The blackness was broken by the silhouette of my trusted cellie Mark sitting on the end of my bed.

I jolted up and awake.

"Hey, hey! Snap out of it! You were saying, No! no! no! You f*ckin' woke me up. Jesus, must've been a bad dream."

"F*ckin' nightmare."

"What was it? You're drenched."

I shook upon hearing that word......

"What?"

"You're drenched. Soaked in your own sweat, like a wet sponge," Mark said.

"I'll tell ya tomorrow....I don't wanna talk about it." I said, trying conceal my shaking.

Mark looked deeply into my eyes....."OK," he said with an odd look at me as he hopped up onto his bunk. He knew something was wrong.

I took this nightmare as a warning. A warning my subconscious mind was telling me.

I told myself then and there: start a payment plan with the Ramirez Brothers. Somehow; some way. I had to do it fast. Time was not on my side.
                      LWO Community strong!

Comment

Thank you for this awesome post. Download KGF chapter 2

Comment

Download dark phoenix latest torrent 2020

Comment

Fok off, arsehole!
                            Originally posted by Ergenburgensmurgen;n186588
                            What are you talking about, I don't post on Teakdoor.

https://thailandchatter.com/core/ima...ies/giggle.gif

Comment

Chapter 24

Visitation

April, 19, 2020

As I stood in line to call Michele on the phone, I knew this was my only chance to get the money needed to pay off the Ramirez brothers. she was the only one I could go to. I remembered....

Flashback: 9 weeks prior

Visitation.

We inmates sat on a marble-like bench attached to the wall to wait for the opening of visitation hours. 2 to 5 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

The process is more complex for visitors than inmates. A form of 3 pages is filled out. Name, address, ID number, relationship to Con, etc.

Then the Department of Corrections gives a "yea" or "nay" to said visitor. If it's family, they almost always say "yes" unless a person has served time
                              in this institution. Yes, they do criminal background checks against former prisoner lists at Kern. You'd be surprised how many ex-prisoners try to come back and visit old friends they had on the inside. Even years later. The DOC strictly forbids that. Letters, sure. In-person visitations, never.

It was 2 minutes to 2 pm.

I talked to Michele the night before from the prison phone booth to confirm she was coming. Everything was always recorded and kept on tape for 90 days in case anything incriminating or some plan of escape was plotted over the phone. For the latter, yeah, right.

Michele told me last night that she was making the trip today. A 4-hour drive from a suburb south of Portland. She moved down there four months ago
                              after getting a promotion from her manager she'd been working with for the last couple of years. I'd met him before at a company pic-nick in the Summer.

Michele occasionally sent me care packages in the mail: beef jerky (my favorite), some photos of family birthdays, and some odd clippings of positive things in the news and of course to her lengthy letters. She'd also occasionally put $50 in my account. But I'd been in a while. Over the last 2 years our communication had become spaced out more and more with less frequency. I understood this was normal. I'd told her when I was sentenced to move on. She told me that was not something she wanted to think about that time, but I knew.....it was only....a matter of time. It's something any rational women would do. With my life sentence, I was basically buried alive. We never said it, but we both knew it.

The buzzer sounded.

We all stood up, about 35 of us, and got in line. We knew the routine by now. No words were said. There was no need. We filed through the next room and went through a metal detector one by one. We were frisked, our prison ID card swiped and we signed our names on the list. Our loved ones visiting were doing the same on the other side of the visitation room. The VR, as we called it. It was kind of a neutral zone. An enclosed locked up room that was the space - the no man's land - between freedom and incarceration.

Michele and I go way back. To high school, in fact. We were first loves, both of us. We broke up after I graduated and went to Uni. She was a year behind. I was studying 4 hours up north by car and starting a new chapter in that thing called life and she was ready to have different experiences in high school. But we still got along and were close friends. Both of us had thought and discussed that someday, we may get together again and give it a go at Matrimony. If, things panned out.

I went through processing and entered the room. I saw the line of civilians, those people from the Free World in line, single file. They had finished their security checks as well and one by one, were allowed to walk into the large visitation room. This was when smile erupted. When eye contact is first made with their incarcerated loved one.

Our eyes met with gleams. We both smiled simultaneously. The feeling was sincere. It lessened my latent apprehension.

We both walked to the open available fixed table and chairs that were bolted to the concrete floor. The rules were that the prisoner and visitor(s) had to take the next available seat and table starting at the back row. All tables had a number painted on them in the middle. It had that stark atmosphere. Bland, just like the shower room.

We were allowed to hug once in the beginning and at the end, but for no more than 10 seconds. We took advantage of every second.

Michele brought another care package of my favorites little things. We both had to wear masks now because of the virus that was nearby and spreading.

We sat down.

"Hey! she said with what I thought was sincere happiness to see me.

"Hi! How was the drive?"

"It was good! She smiled. Weather turning. Flowers blooming and I-5 has some nice landscapes."

"I appreciate you driving all this way, Michele. You didn't have to."

"Hey, don't say that," she smiled. "I'm elated! "So....how are you doing?"

"Things are good. It's not that bad in here," I lied. How is your promotion going?"

"Great so far....I've got a lot more responsibilities and a raise to go with it........

LWO Community strong!

Comment

How many prison mates are infected so far?
                                Originally posted by Ergenburgensmurgen;n186588
                                What are you talking about, I don't post on Teakdoor.

https://thailandchatter.com/core/ima...ies/giggle.gif

Comment

Valentina Jewels gets pounded like a btich dog ?????? ??????? ????????? ???????? ???? diferentes tipos de bajinas
                                antalya escort bayan
                                Working...
                                X