Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do foreigners stay in northern Thailand?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why do foreigners stay in northern Thailand?

    Pai is currently showing 418 on the air pollution index. It'll also be roasting hot. I'd think that any foreigner living in that region can't leave, as nobody would endure that by choice.

  • #2
    Similar in C.M. region. But factory offices have air-con, I presume.
    Originally posted by Fluke;n188618
    Why does the time state 02 38 PM , when no such time exists ?
    It should be either 14 38 PM or 02.38 AM
    Originally posted by Ergenburgensmurgen;n186588
    What are you talking about, I don't post on Teakdoor.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why do failed accountants try to teach English in Thailand and then fail that too?

      Comment


      • #4
        Not only aircon but air purifiers. I've seen users gloat about it.

        3351119_700.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          ^ You'd need quite a few air purifiers to balance out the smoke belching out of the Datsuns polluting the neighbourhood

          When does the dreaded hot dust bowl temperatures start in Chiang Mai or has that passed?

          Comment


          • #6
            Some of us have friends and family here , could just pack up and leave and go somewhere else .
            But going somewhere else and starting a new life , doesn't seem too appealing

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr Tinkles View Post
              ^ You'd need quite a few air purifiers to balance out the smoke belching out of the Datsuns polluting the neighbourhood

              When does the dreaded hot dust bowl temperatures start in Chiang Mai or has that passed?
              There is no filter or other apparatus known to mankind that can ever get me out of your head.


              Comment


              • #8
                Never mind Tiny, if you keep wishing hard enough someone on TD might post that they miss you and that you should be unjailed and allowed to return from your self-induced sulk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fluke View Post
                  Some of us have friends and family here , could just pack up and leave and go somewhere else .
                  But going somewhere else and starting a new life , doesn't seem too appealing
                  Well you did just that when you swapped the UK for Chiang Mai. Seems like a backward step, but not if you're into peasant girls. I'd have thought you'd prefer Sihanoukville Cambodia or Angeles Philippines, loads of cheap flange there Fluke.

                  Personally I can't understand why any westerner would choose the landlocked polluted and boring north of Thailand over the fresh air and sea of the south.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                    Personally I can't understand....
                    You've been proving that for over a decade.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                      Well you did just that when you swapped the UK for Chiang Mai. Seems like a backward step, but not if you're into peasant girls. I'd have thought you'd prefer Sihanoukville Cambodia or Angeles Philippines, loads of cheap flange there Fluke.

                      Personally I can't understand why any westerner would choose the landlocked polluted and boring north of Thailand over the fresh air and sea of the south.
                      How is Hawaii/ Monte Carlo thee days ?
                      Must be nice getting away from the polluted air and sea in Thailand and the local peasants .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Haven't been to Monaco for five years. Haven''t made it to Hawaii yet but looks like an overpriced Okinawa.

                        I've said for a long time that the only place in Thailand worth living is Phuket. It has the cleanest average air quality in Thailand, and Phuket Town is the closest you can get to a mini Singapore, while Phuket's beaches are better than Singapore's (which Sentosa Island to the south of Singapore tries to replicate).

                        Singapore is the top place in south east Asia to work, and Phuket is high up in the list of retirement places.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Phuket, paradise for retirees in 2021.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                            Haven't been to Monaco for five years. Haven''t made it to Hawaii yet but looks like an overpriced Okinawa.

                            I've said for a long time that the only place in Thailand worth living is Phuket. It has the cleanest average air quality in Thailand, and Phuket Town is the closest you can get to a mini Singapore, while Phuket's beaches are better than Singapore's (which Sentosa Island to the south of Singapore tries to replicate).

                            Singapore is the top place in south east Asia to work, and Phuket is high up in the list of retirement places.

                            Doesnt Phuket also suffer from bad air quality at times ?
                            151 AQI a few days ago .
                            Some of us dont particularly like beaches , I want to stay White , I dont want to turn brown , so , I keep out the sun as much as possible

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                              Phuket, paradise for retirees in 2021.

                              One thing that would be worse than sitting on a beach all day , would be sitting with prostitutes in sleazy bars all night .
                              I did have to go into one last Sunday to watch a football game , as they were the only places showing it .
                              There seemed to be a bunch of red ,stony leathered faced older Western guys , staring at their beer and the bar girls trying to entertain them .
                              Immature girls acting stupid , going through the usual formalities and making the usual "jokes"
                              Reminded me a bit of being in a youth club when I was a teenager .
                              I would much prefer taking my GF out for a meal , rather than being in a bar with immature pretentious females who require you to pay for their company .
                              Prostitutes and sleazy bars...........................not for me

                              Comment

                              antalya escort
                              istanbul escort maltepe escort
                              hdredtube sxe video rettube video sex abg xxxs
                              antalya escort bayan
                              Working...
                              X