Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Thailand Book Since Private Dancer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Thailand Book Since Private Dancer

    My name is Dana Aaron Mather and I've recently completed a book called Thailand Calling. It hasn't sold a lot of copies yet, but it has gotten some very good reviews. It's been called "the best book in over 20 years" and I swear it wasn't by me or a family member. Check it out on Amazon or any other book site.
    http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2

  • #2
    How about some contribution to the site? Would you like to write an article with some excerpts from your book?

    Comment


    • #3
      $4.99 is less than the price of a hamburger.
      And Private Dancer wasn't such a great book anyhow. Certainly not one of Stephen Leathers better works.

      Who really cares about the sad sordid psychosis of some sex addict?

      But feel free to publish a tickler here if the spirit moves ya.

      Comment


      • #4
        Stripping: A User's Manual was better.

        So Dana, is this book a pro or con Thai publication? Do you gush over the charms of cheap prostitutes and extol the virtues of the ever present Thai smile, or do you expose the two faced facade most Thais exhibit and their hideous aversions to truth?
        Ward of Lore

        Comment


        • #5
          reply to all

          Actually I dont think Private Dancer was a great book either, but it's the book everyone knows so I thought I'd use it in the thread title.

          I will post excerpts from the book on the site, but actually you can read the first 10 percent of the book for free on Amazon or any other site. You can read it right on your smart phone or any other device. You can also read the reviews. http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2

          The book treats the cheap sex with prostitutes like any other drug, great in moderation but very difficult to keep in moderation. Overall I would say the book is posititve towards the sex scene. A lot of the book deals with the universal struggle of man: commit to one woman and endure the inevitable decline of passion, or bounce excitedly from one woman to another until you can't bounce anymore.

          Comment


          • #6
            Actually the Kindle version is only $2.99.

            I'll give it a whirl, it will be the first Kindle book I've actually paid for!

            I'll post the review here.
            Cheers

            Comment


            • #7
              Reply to Dr. Earl

              Hey Dr. Earl,
              How did the book go? I'm anxious to read the review when you get around to it. Hope you enjoyed it. Take care, Aaron


              By the way, for those who haven't read it, the book is 2.99 on Amazon in America and 5.49 outside of it. Amazon charges a tax for some reason on wireless deliveries outside of the States. The book is a straight 2.99 on other sites like Barnes and Noble or Kobo.


              http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2

              Comment


              • #8
                Back Scratching is a two way street .

                ^

                How about some contribution to the site? Would you like to write an article with some excerpts from your book?
                .....
                http://thailandchatter.com/showthrea...ll=1#post45112

                Comment


                • #9
                  First Chapter of Thailand Calling

                  This is the first chapter of my novel Thailand Calling. As far as I know it's a fictional story, but with a few variations I'm sure this story has really happened a thousand times over. The plot revolves around an American columnist, who has a midlife crisis and leaves his wife and job to chase prostitutes in Thailand. He does so suddenly and a large part of the novel deals with his regret over what he left behind. The book has lots of sex and hookers of course, but also gives the reader something to think about. While being a lot of fun on the surface, the book touches on some pretty big themes: the difficulty in maintaining relationships over time, the way technology is changing our relationships, the difficulty in finding happiness.

                  The print layout doesn't actually look so good on here. If you don't mind clicking on the link, it's actally better to read the free sample. The free sample is about 25 pages.

                  http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2

                  Anyway, hope you like it. Cheer, Aaron

                  Snapshot from Pattaya
                  Last edited by Mid; 09-25-2015, 02:57 AM. Reason: Formatting

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ^

                    Should that have been a direct cut n paste from Amazon then get a proof reader urgently

                    I'm sure there are still errors in punctuation I have missed .

                    Indeed here is an example

                    A few hoursfrom now,
                    http://thailandchatter.com/showthrea...ll=1#post45112

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Errors occured in the transfer.

                      The actual book on Amazon doesn't have any typo errors. Those errors must have occurred, when I cut and pasted from a Word file onto this forum. I don't know why. Check the free sample. It's a better print as well. http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        looking for feedback

                        I'd be interested in getting some feedback if anyone on the forum read it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kaisersoze55 View Post
                          Actually I dont think Private Dancer was a great book either, but it's the book everyone knows so I thought I'd use it in the thread title.

                          I will post excerpts from the book on the site, but actually you can read the first 10 percent of the book for free on Amazon or any other site. You can read it right on your smart phone or any other device. You can also read the reviews. http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2

                          The book treats the cheap sex with prostitutes like any other drug, great in moderation but very difficult to keep in moderation. Overall I would say the book is posititve towards the sex scene. A lot of the book deals with the universal struggle of man: commit to one woman and endure the inevitable decline of passion, or bounce excitedly from one woman to another until you can't bounce anymore.
                          So as you state sex with prostitutes is great in moderation , would you endorse it as for you or my child?
                          mmm

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kaisersoze55 View Post
                            I'd be interested in getting some feedback if anyone on the forum read it.
                            Jejune,stick to hooking a guaranteed revenue stream and as say not bad, avoid pimps drugs and stds, who knows you may meet a hansum man like so many wealthy women , get him build a nest then divorce the male ATM
                            mmm

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kaisersoze55 View Post
                              The actual book on Amazon doesn't have any typo errors. Those errors must have occurred, when I cut and pasted from a Word file onto this forum. I don't know why. Check the free sample. It's a better print as well. http://www.amzn.com/B00OYTJZM2
                              Urban Romance is the sort of rs gravy I'd expect from remaindered Mills and Boon, only wonder what sort of morons pay for this cliched,drivel
                              mmm

                              Comment

                              antalya escort
                              istanbul escort maltepe escort
                              hdredtube sxe video rettube video sex abg xxxs
                              antalya escort bayan
                              Working...
                              X