Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Embassy to Cease Income Affidavits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US Embassy to Cease Income Affidavits

    Is it true the Embassy will no longer complete income affidavits for U.S. citizens?FAQS: CESSATION OF INCOME AFFIDAVITS
    mgnewman.com -|- Out and About Thailand - A Photo Blog

  • #2
    Originally posted by Buadhai View Post
    Is it true the Embassy will no longer complete income affidavits for U.S. citizens?FAQS: CESSATION OF INCOME AFFIDAVITS
    Yes, it's true. After the first of the year, the US Embassy at ACS will no longer issue Income Letters.

    Get your SS & Pension statements together to present to Immigration to substantiate a monthly income of 65K THB per month or do the Retirement Extension (best way) to extend the Visa.
    God, the panic within the Dems, MSM, and left must be horrifying...realizing that Joe is really the best they've got.

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        400k thb
        God, the panic within the Dems, MSM, and left must be horrifying...realizing that Joe is really the best they've got.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Boon Mee View Post
          Get your SS & Pension statements together to present to Immigration to substantiate a monthly income of 65K THB per month or do the Retirement Extension (best way) to extend the Visa.
          • I thought 65K was the monthly amount for an Extension of Stay based on Retirement.
          • Has anyone verified that Immigration will in fact evidence other than the embassy affidavit as proof of income?
          mgnewman.com -|- Out and About Thailand - A Photo Blog

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Buadhai View Post
            • I thought 65K was the monthly amount for an Extension of Stay based on Retirement.
            • Has anyone verified that Immigration will in fact evidence other than the embassy affidavit as proof of income?
            Apologies for the confusing post - I was referring to the 800K THB required for the Retirement Extension.
            If your Immigration Office will accept the SS earnings + other financial docs, you're home free with the 65K monthly requirement.

            At this point, even Ubon Joe over there in TVF cannot definitely determine what Immigration will accept in terms of paperwork to verify the 65K monthly income thing.
            God, the panic within the Dems, MSM, and left must be horrifying...realizing that Joe is really the best they've got.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Boon Mee View Post
              At this point, even Ubon Joe over there in TVF cannot definitely determine what Immigration will accept in terms of paperwork to verify the 65K monthly income thing.
              My wife (who is an attorney) had a discussion with Immigration in Korat. It is possible, though not yet sure, that they will accept as proof of income, regular monthly deposits into a Thai bank account.

              Of course, this is ripe for fiddling, but so is everything else they have accepted in the past.
              mgnewman.com -|- Out and About Thailand - A Photo Blog

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buadhai View Post
                My wife (who is an attorney) had a discussion with Immigration in Korat. It is possible, though not yet sure, that they will accept as proof of income, regular monthly deposits into a Thai bank account.

                Of course, this is ripe for fiddling, but so is everything else they have accepted in the past.
                My guess is Immigration will accept the regular deposits into your Thai bank account from SS and pension/401(k) & IRA monies. Especially if your face has shown up at said Immigration Office regularly in the past - they aren't totally uncooperative (fingers crossed)
                God, the panic within the Dems, MSM, and left must be horrifying...realizing that Joe is really the best they've got.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bank statements it is then. Can't believe people find it so hard to have this bit of pocket money in an account in Thailand.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by marmite View Post
                    Bank statements it is then. Can't believe people find it so hard to have this bit of pocket money in an account in Thailand.
                    Got that right.

                    There was a rumor floating around a while ago that for the Retirement Extension you'll need a cool million in your account 3 months before showing up at Immigration.

                    The wailing and gnashing of teeth from some of the low-IQ posters on TVF especially could be heard throughout the land!
                    God, the panic within the Dems, MSM, and left must be horrifying...realizing that Joe is really the best they've got.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X