Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa amnesty extended until September

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    People who went to immigration with an embassy letter.

    Then there's this form. It doesn't mention that they had to get an extension before applying for this extension.

    IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.bd1653b922e4166ab49fc63adf78b3bf.jpg

    Comment


    • #17
      Never mind fluke, there were a lot of scammers around trying to sucker westerners into paying 50,000 baht for an education visa, especially in that dodgy shithole Chiang Mai and its assortment of cheap & nasty bottom feeders. You won't be the only one that wasted your money.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
        People who went to immigration with an embassy letter.

        Then there's this form. It doesn't mention that they had to get an extension before applying for this extension.

        IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.bd1653b922e4166ab49fc63adf78b3bf.jpg
        Ah , you can try and get a letter from the Embassy asking immigration to extend your visa , I have gotton a letter myself and used it .
        They stopped issuing those letters when they were no longer necessary and now you have to demonstrate why you cannot fly back to the UK , proof of illness or something , and immigration will then only give you a 20 day under consideration stamp and then you have to go back 20 days later and get the full extension stamp .
        When you are on the 20 day consideration period , you cannot apply for a long term visa , because these take three weeks to process and you would only have ten days left when you get the full extension stamp .
        You would still be under the visa amnesty though, leaving you ineligible to apply for the 60 day visa extensions

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
          Never mind fluke, there were a lot of scammers around trying to sucker westerners into paying 50,000 baht for an education visa, especially in that dodgy shithole Chiang Mai and its assortment of cheap & nasty bottom feeders. You won't be the only one that wasted your money.
          Although the amnesty will not last forever and I needed to aquire a long term visa sooner or later , would either have to pay now or pay later , if I paid later, I would run the risk of going on overstay and then having to leave and wouldnt be able to come back again .
          I would rather pay now, just for peace of mind and I am quite sure it will be cheaper in the long run .
          The visa amnesty was only extended for one more month because of the huge amount of people all attending immigration in the final few days and immigration wasnt able to process everyone, so, thy got one more month to either leave or get a visa

          Comment


          • #20
            Yep, will be interesting to see how Thailand rids itself of its sex tourist refugees using covid as an excuse to stay "longtime"

            Comment


            • #21
              That is for people who are genuinely stranded in Thailand with no way to get home , Brits can get flights back to the UK anytime

              Comment


              • #22
                The form gives five or more options.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                  The form gives five or more options.
                  All saying the same thing, you can only apply for the visa if you cannot get home

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Don't worry fluke, I'm not engaging in an ImTiny-style pissing contest. Just curious about how people have avoided returning to the west.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                      Yep, will be interesting to see how Thailand rids itself of its sex tourist refugees using covid as an excuse to stay "longtime"
                      Flake's still there.
                      “Don’t get sick of me just yet, for I will be here for quite a while”

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                        Don't worry fluke, I'm not engaging in an ImTiny-style pissing contest. Just curious about how people have avoided returning to the west.
                        The whole Worlds closed down , restrictions and lockdowns , cannot go anywhere (apart from Turkey ) I may as well stay here , life's pretty much the same for me whether I go .
                        English breakfast in Thailand or Thai Pat, errrrm Pat Thai in the UK , may as well chill out here .
                        I do prefer the UK thought , much more variety

                        Comment

                        antalya escort
                        antalya escort
                        hdredtube sxe video rettube video sex abg xxxs
                        antalya escort bayan
                        Working...
                        X