Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the border of Laos

https://youtu.be/97BB7Dbh4oc

This was shot on a gopro at the zipline in the Si Pan Don area ( four thousand Islands) on Laos southern border.

This along with Tad Fane was one of the better ziplines in Laos.
    Last edited by fishlocker; 07-20-2020, 04:46 PM.

Nice shoes fish.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Comment

They got me in and out of the slipstream. I have some water shoes as well for if I know I'll be walking through rivers and such.

The same for some clothing that is designed to not absorb water. Unlike cotton that will feel like a wet rag after running around in the heat sweating.

You see I've been there, done that and all. Live and learn I say.

That spot had a total of seven lines so well worth the 40 usd. Tad Fane (Tad Fun as Laotians pronounce it) only had 3 or 4, I forgot but the first one is insane.

I lost the footage up in Vang Veing but as I recall it was fun but not Tad Fun.

fish

Comment

Not to be disrupting this fine thread, but are you the same fishlocker that was banned from teakdoor for excessive use of the forum?

Comment

Excessive is really not the right term. I just think one night I pissed a few people off.

I'm from the north in a free world. You sling at me, well like a monkey I slung it back.

I guess at one time this was refered to as " mudd slinging." No, no no, not like building houses in Africa. All just verbal. . .no real work.

But yea, the fish hung to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            Nice shoes fish.
            Thanks, I earned them. I've learned that good footwear is a must when trekking about.
            I've some cool water shoes for fishing as well. They drain well and dry fast and that's the key to foot health out in the styx.

I did learn about those flash rains on the last trip over.
            You see I pulled up at the local Frendship mart on sils 110cc Honda wave scooter and parked among all the other scooters.

I noticed that every one had their helmets hanging on the mirrors. So like I guy from Portland ...or Wisconsin I toss mine into the little basket off the front of the thing. Yea, top down as it was convenient.

Anyway I'm in the store for ten minutes and I hear wicked thunder and what sounded like a hailstorm on the tin/ metal roof of the joint.

So I get an ice cream and wait it out. Damage was done as the helmet was full on returning to the scooter.

Live and learn......when in Rome.

fish

Comment

Working...
            X