Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Philippines pros, cons, reviews, comparison to Thailand thread

The Philippines pros, cons, reviews, comparison to Thailand thread

Give us the skinny on the PI! Pics, comments, pros, cons, places to visit, places to avoid, comparison to Thailand etc.

WAY more dangerous than Thailand and decent hotels are more expensive. However, I have not been there for a long time, so maybe things have improved.

Bellend
    Have you been to Baguio? I've never got around to it. Must during next year's travels.

Never been, but had a friend that lived there for a while and he thought it was far superior to Manila.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesty P. View Post
    WAY more dangerous than Thailand and decent hotels are more expensive. However, I have not been there for a long time, so maybe things have improved.
    thats my experience as well dangerous and expensive, its a while since i have been there and i never want to repeat the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by peterplonker View Post
    thats my experience as well dangerous and expensive, its a while since i have been there and i never want to repeat the experience.
    I was there back in 1968 and the whole place reeked of filth and poverty.
    Bad food and diseased women was my impression.
    As far as the vaunted LBFM - PBR's - you can have 'em...

It is my intention to travel here for a couple months, originally planned for this time however I have postponed it a year and will aim for this time next year. There's some beautiful scenery & I need to compile a list of places to visit. I have joined a PI forum but it's mainly a mongers forum for AC/Manila & not so many reports of places to visit but they are there, I just need to weed them out.....however I've been fully educated on the dangers of marrying a bar girl by guys that have been burnt

Hardcore anal.jpg

This is Dinagat Island. The bikini clad chick is actually the hiking guide but on asking her fees it was around US$100 a day which I thought was extreme considering the average salary is closer to $10 a day, & no she's not a hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tinkles View Post
    It is my intention to travel here for a couple months, originally planned for this time however I have postponed it a year and will aim for this time next year. There's some beautiful scenery & I need to compile a list of places to visit. I have joined a PI forum but it's mainly a mongers forum for AC/Manila & not so many reports of places to visit but they are there, I just need to weed them out.....however I've been fully educated on the dangers of marrying a bar girl by guys that have been burnt

Hardcore anal.jpg

This is Dinagat Island. The bikini clad chick is actually the hiking guide but on asking her fees it was around US$100 a day which I thought was extreme considering the average salary is closer to $10 a day, & no she's not a hooker
    pity i quite like hookers but only the good ones, that is, the trick finding the wheat in the chaff

Quote Originally Posted by Exexpat View Post
    Have you been to Baguio? I've never got around to it. Must during next year's travels.
    Stayed in Baguio a few nights years ago. Made the mistake of checking into a cheap hotel who's motto was
    ' Your home away from home '
    Well.....if my home was as bad I would stay away from it.
    Nice town in the evening with several bars with live singers. Felt safer here than in other large towns.
    Very hilly so good exercise.

Some strange travelers above. But then we might travel a bit differently than others here.

Recently one night in Maninila (just connecting to a flight) and then on to Cebu for 9 nights (our room: http://www.pulchraresorts.com/philip...-jacuzzi-villa ). Diving trip.

People we met were wonderful on both sides of the island. Always helpful and a smile on their face.

Driving was a bit of a challenge. Just remember to leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Pest View Post
    comparison to Thailand etc.
    walked into a BDO to exchange some money while in Maninila. Easily 100 women in the bank. 90% you might say No Thank you. Walk into the main Bangkok Bank on Silom, Thailand at any time, a minimum of 50% of the women you might ask “will you marry me?”

But I must say, some of the best looking women in Asia live somewhere on the group of islands (Philippines). Example………

driving through Carcar City on Cebu the traffic (even the motorcycles) came to a complete halt while some 20 something crossed a busy street. gorgeous woman.

On average: young Thai women 31”-31”-31”. With Filipina Women, there is shape.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer