Thread: Cycling In And Around Cha Am

Cycling In And Around Cha Am

I go to Cha Am for about a week once a month. I usually try to get one longish cycle ride in each visit. Last time I rode to Khao Nang Panthurat Forest Park and did the short hike within the park:

2018-05-18 07.47.37.jpg
    This canal leads into the Cha Am small boat harbor. The forest park is located in the mountain beyond.

2018-05-18 08.03.21.jpg
    This all-brick chedi dates from the Dvaravati period, somewhere between 700 and 1000 CE.

2018-05-18 08.34.17.jpg
    The karst topography is pretty rugged. Although the trail is short and rated "moderate", I found some of it to be tough going.

2018-05-18 09.11.35 HDR.jpg
    There are several viewpoints along the trail from which you can see the ocean. The condos on the horizon are in far north Cha Am.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -|-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for that. Go to Cha am every now and then and always looking for new places to check out.I'd like to try that trail although I might have difficulty getting to the top.
    Age creeps up on you until one day you discover with horror you can't do stuff you could do just a year or so ago.

It is a hard slog to the top, its rocky and there are some steep drops, but the views are great.
    There are also monkeys and mosquitoes to contend with.

^ Had me singing Ac/DC with that opening line.

It's a long way to the shop, if you want a sausage rolll.

That's a lovely area! Beautiful! I almost did a bike ride from Hua Hin to Cha am a few years ago, but it was brutally hot and decided against it. It was with a biking company out of HH. Next time I'm there I surely will. I guess a lot of it is along the coast.