Thread: Anyone been to Nepal?

Away

Anyone been to Nepal?

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has been to Nepal before and how they liked it? Any info. welcome.

Yes, I've been to Nepal. It was 1977. I enjoyed it very much. I suspect it's much different now. In the photo I (with the mustache) am enjoying a swim with some kids northeast of Kathmandu. After the swim I found a large leech on my ankle. After cycling away from the swim hole I stopped a guy hoping he had a cigarette I could use to chase the leech away. He did not, but offered a 2X4 instead. I declined that treatment, but soon found a salt seller who dropped a pinch on the leech which quickly fell off. The wound bled for several days.

0099.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -|-
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Buadhai View Post
    Yes, I've been to Nepal. It was 1977. I enjoyed it very much. I suspect it's much different now. In the photo I (with the mustache) am enjoying a swim with some kids northeast of Kathmandu. After the swim I found a large leech on my ankle. After cycling away from the swim hole I stopped a guy hoping he had a cigarette I could use to chase the leech away. He did not, but offered a 2X4 instead. I declined that treatment, but soon found a salt seller who dropped a pinch on the leech which quickly fell off. The wound bled for several days.

0099.jpg
    Wow, that is an interesting story, thanks. Just laughed at the 2x4 offered. I hear salt helps with leeches.
    I may be applying for a job there, but we'll see. I had a friend from Nepal when I worked in South Korea and he was so nice and told me I had to check out Nepal.

Anyone been to Nepal?

Yes, liked it so-so.
    no comment

Quote Originally Posted by serrollt View Post
    Anyone been to Nepal?

Yes, liked it so-so.
    Too many Hippies for my taste...

Away
    Quote Originally Posted by serrollt View Post
    Anyone been to Nepal?

Yes, liked it so-so.
    So-so? You sound like one of my former South Korean students.. lol. I always teach them other words to say instead of the so-so word that doesn't tell me anything.
    good try, strolls.

Long ago. It was OK. The food was like Indian, but not as flavorful.

Away
    Thanks, guys!