Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still read books?

Banned

Anyone still read books?

My reading goes in spells...

Just started 'The Idiot' by Dostoyevsky. Some really brilliant character development in the first few pages.

Last year I read 'Crime and Punishment', maybe one of the best novels ever writen.

^Awesome! I do read books.. and not on an app or a kindle. I like holding a book in my hands.
    I stayed up until 4:30 am reading an amazing book last night. I also go in spells depending on my schedule. The last three books I read.

A Good Wife, Escaping the Life I never Chose, A Memoir, Samra Zafar/Meg Masters.. A Pakistani girl of 17 marries a Canadian man ten years older and moves to Canada to a terrible life of abuse. The ending is beautiful.

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***, Mark Manson

Educated, A Memoir, Tara Westover

Bellend
    Couldn't live w/out my kindle.

Just finished:

All Schlichter's books are terrific!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Couldn't live w/out my kindle.
    I got two kindles, one of the ancient ones with the foward/back and side buttons.
    And a slightly newer 'paperwhite' that has back-light and touch screen, which failed on me. After about a month trying to persuade it, finally got it to reset. Still it sucks compared to the ancient original model. (Lighter in the hand)

Reading two at the moment…….

Red Skin, White Masks: Rejecting the Colonial Politics of Recognition: https://muse.jhu.edu/article/588016/summary

And

Boneyard.

It’s a story told from some poor soul who lives on some Thai woman’s property today who used to as a young person creep from backyard to backyard in his neighborhood growing up peaking in on young girls and how he felt during those visits.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Correcting a spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by S Landreth View Post

Red Skin, White Masks: Rejecting the Colonial Politics of Recognition: https://muse.jhu.edu/article/588016/summary

And

Boneyard.

It’s a story told from some poor soul who lives on some Thai woman’s property today who used to as a young person creep from backyard to backyard in his neighborhood growing up peeking in on young girls and how he felt during those visits.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S Landreth View Post

And

Boneyard.

It’s a story told from some poor soul who lives on some Thai woman’s property today who used to as a young person creep from backyard to backyard in his neighborhood growing up peaking in on young girls and how he felt during those visits.

Very interesting Landy, instead reading work which encourages critical thinking, you envelop yourself with a masterpiece of intersectionality and progressive indoctrination.
    Apparently being a SJW requires some serious study...

Bellend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Earl View Post
    Very interesting Landy, instead reading work which encourages critical thinking, you envelop yourself with a masterpiece of intersectionality and progressive indoctrination.
    Apparently being a SJW requires some serious study...
    Heh, yeah and I like the theme where you have the protagonist in one of his cherished books being a peeping Tom.

Now what to be made of that!

Just finished this one, worth a read

clam.jpg

Bellend
    Does she get wet?