Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Months in Thailand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palexxxx View Post
    I like Chumphon, which is south of Hua Hin. Stayed at a cheap hotel near White Beach.

Who knows, if you're lucky you might bump into Withnalstoke. Just keep your eyes open for a man with a traffic cone inserted up his clacker.
    Yea I like Chumphon alot too. They have a great bicycling community. The bike ride between Chumphon and Prachuap Kiri is the best. Absolutely spectacular!

^Coolio! Are there bike paths? A few years ago when I did a month at a fitness camp, yoga, muay thai etc.. they also offered many bicycle trips nearby with Velo Thailand (Hua Hin). I vowed to do a few of them next time I was in Hua Hin. The one to Cha-Am from Hua Hin I heard is a good one.
    https://www.velothailand.com/tours/?q=huahin

Banned
    Bicycle touring is really easy in Thailand. No need for tours unless you wanna be in a group. Which is cool too.

^Yeah, but I don't know my way around that well. The bike ride you were talking about from Chumphon to Prachuap Kiri, did you do that on the side roads or main roads? I personally like riding on bike paths or quieter side roads.. I'm a bit hesitant on biking on highways or busy roads with the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Two months?

You should be able to snag a rich dude with your 'charms" and scuttle off to one of the Andaman Islands where...
    Haha, what a joker you are. I'm done with men, I just do my own thing and don't try too hard anymore.

Chiang Mai area is nice, Lamphun will welcome you and be a great guide.
    no comment
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by vendetta4real View Post
    I didn't realize they had a nice beach. Good suggestion! I'll check into it. I'd like to visit a number of places I haven't been, and I've been to quite a few places..haha.
    If you're interested in following up my suggestion of Chumphon,......... I stayed at the Albatross Guesthouse which is a short walk from White Beach (which is a bit under 20 kms north west from Chumphon city, about midway between the city and the airport).

If you want to stay in a nicer hotel in that area then try the Chumphon Cabana Resort & Diving Centre, which is located right on the beach. Maybe they may even pick up guests from the airport. Also in the village which is White Beach there are a few other hotels and resorts, plenty of choice.

Chumphon to White Beach..jpg

White Beach, Chumphon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by serrollt View Post
    Chiang Mai area is nice, Lamphun will welcome you and be a great guide.
    Suphan Buri is a shithole at this or any other time of year, however Boonmee will see you right.
    I visited TC a few times as a guest but had to stop. It is a sickening place. - Aging One

^^That is very good information.
    Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by lamphun View Post
    Suphan Buri is a shithole at this or any other time of year, however Boonmee will see you right.
    Damn straight!

Nobody goes to Suphan for the touristy thing although there is a nice zoo up near Chi Nat next to a rather large natural lake.

Quote Originally Posted by palexxxx View Post
    If you're interested in following up my suggestion of Chumphon,......... I stayed at the Albatross Guesthouse which is a short walk from White Beach (which is a bit under 20 kms north west from Chumphon city, about midway between the city and the airport).

If you want to stay in a nicer hotel in that area then try the Chumphon Cabana Resort & Diving Centre, which is located right on the beach. Maybe they may even pick up guests from the airport. Also in the village which is White Beach there are a few other hotels and resorts, plenty of choice.

Chumphon to White Beach..jpg

White Beach, Chumphon.jpg
    Thanks, Palexxxx! I will plan it as it comes, but good to know about this area. I really hope to do a yoga retreat somewhere in Thailand next summer. Maybe i'll even do one in Chiang Mai as I know there are a few good places there as well.