Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An alien space craft was heading towards Earth and passed over the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Child View Post
    I have never personally been to America but I have met a few Americans while living in Pattaya and the impression I got was not overwhelming . So Iím now wondering do these Judge Judy participants actually reflect a true picture of the average every day American and their daily lives .

Can there really be vast numbers of apparent drug riddled ex prison inmates along with clueless single mothers who seem to thrive on state benefits while knocking out endless baby's and not forgetting the legions of poorly dressed over weight dumb minded family members hell bent on spiteful revenge , all in one country

Or am I missing some thing ?
    *cough* Let's look more closely at your opinion: you're judging hundreds of millions of people based on...JJ and the few Americans you met in Pattaya. Sounds a bit, ah...silly to me and the kind of thing trolls usually post to rile the forum troops. Suppose you had only seen Star Trek on TV: would you then conclude the US is infested with pointy-eared aliens? You're confusing entertainment (for that is what you see on JJ) with reality. While traveling around Europe as an undergrad, I had occasion to stay a few nights in a Brit pit called Hemel Hempstead. I couldn't imagine living the way those folks did, but not for a moment did I confuse them with the entire nation.

I suggest you take up reading as one way to expand your information base concerning folks who live outside your tiny cultural bubble...oh, and change the channel.
    Majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd

Thailand Lifer
    What channel ya think, harry?...

Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    What channel ya think, harry?...
    NatGeo/Animal Planet/Discovery etc. all explain the world and its inhabitants fairly well...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by harrymsmarkle View Post
    *cough* Let's look more closely at your opinion: you're judging hundreds of millions of people based on...JJ and the few Americans you met in Pattaya. Sounds a bit, ah...silly to me and the kind of thing trolls usually post to rile the forum troops. Suppose you had only seen Star Trek on TV: would you then conclude the US is infested with pointy-eared aliens? You're confusing entertainment (for that is what you see on JJ) with reality. While traveling around Europe as an undergrad, I had occasion to stay a few nights in a Brit pit called Hemel Hempstead. I couldn't imagine living the way those folks did, but not for a moment did I confuse them with the entire nation.

I suggest you take up reading as one way to expand your information base concerning folks who live outside your tiny cultural bubble...oh, and change the channel.

Why do people keep associating me with the word TROLL . I'm not trying to upset any one here , just adding a bit of fun .

Why do people keep associating me with the word TROLL . I'm not trying to upset any one here , just adding a bit of fun .
    If folks are confused as to the intent of your posts, you need to work on the content.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by harrymsmarkle View Post
    If folks are confused as to the intent of your posts, you need to work on the content.
    Since moving out here it has given me much more time on my hands compared to Pattaya where I rarely used internet forums . So trying to post suitable content is fairly new and some thing I intend to work on . Only time will tell if I succeed but it wonít be from the lack of trying

Thailand Lifer
    What kept you busy in Pattaya, pray tell?...

Since moving out here it has given me much more time on my hands compared to Pattaya where I rarely used internet forums . So trying to post suitable content is fairly new and some thing I intend to work on . Only time will tell if I succeed but it wonít be from the lack of trying
    Well, perhaps a bit of advice here is appropriate - slagging off Septics isn't really the way to go based on a few you encountered in Sin City.
    The Democrat party makes about as much sense as bat soup.