Thread: Rice

Rice

Left: white rice with a minor amount of rice bran still present. 10 baht/kilo

Right: fragrant rice 45baht/kilo

2D625486-48D8-4C8C-8DBB-D96990D31BF8.jpg

Weve been feeding the 10 baht/kilo rice to the dogs. Since they started eating this Ive noticed a very marked improvement in their physical appearance.

My wife tells me that she used to eat this cheap rice when she was a kid. Her father was in the army, which always bought the cheapest rice for the troops and their families.

Rice bran is supposed to be stuffed with vitamins.
    I visited TC a few times as a guest but had to stop. It is a sickening place. - Aging One

Quote Originally Posted by lamphun View Post
    Left: white rice with a minor amount of rice bran still present. 10 baht/kilo

Right: fragrant rice 45baht/kilo

2D625486-48D8-4C8C-8DBB-D96990D31BF8.jpg

Rice bran is supposed to be stuffed with vitamins.
    It's also a good source of fiber...also (Wiki): Rice bran is used for treating diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, alcoholism, obesity, and AIDS; for preventing stomach and colon cancer; for preventing heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) disease; for strengthening the immune system; for increasing energy and improving athletic performance...
    Majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd

I've been purchasing Rice bran oil for cooking for my family for last 3 years. Rice bran oil is also good for health.

Quote Originally Posted by shazMMT View Post
    I've been purchasing Rice bran oil for cooking for my family for last 3 years. Rice bran oil is also good for health.
    I also use it. Its good in the deep fryer and has a higher smoke point than many other oils.