Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Yingluck Shinawatra and jail time

P.S - I'd like a gold star if I win. Ta

So I see for flags there is a US smiley and a Brit one... what about a Canadian one?

Not one day. I have yet to see justice served on a rich Thai. They will giver her an out and she will flee the country. She probably won't return from the trip she is on.

If the belief is that laws should be applied fairly to everybody and that anyone who breaks them should face the consequences ...............fine. Sounds logical.

But why apply the law selectively ? Beating some people ( the ones you don't like ) over the head with it, whilst allowing others to go scot free.

I don't think she should serve one day behind bars whilst Chalerms son gets away with murdering a cop, a democrat MP gets on with his life having murdered a rival in broad daylight at a garage with loads of witnesses, Abhisit and Sutheps murder charges , which predate Yingluks, still slowly dragging on.

Half the establishment should be behind bars along with half the army but instead people obsess about the Shinawatras. Warped perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonglek View Post
    Abhisit and Sutheps murder charges , which predate Yingluks, still slowly dragging on.
    Exactly.

For me, if anything has come out of this past year it is how corrupt the Thai courts are. There is absolutely no way I am retiring here now.

^ Wot those two sed!

It is hypocritical to the extreme to expect a one-sided system to flourish . . . irrespective which way it leans

The sublime message Yingluck will be sending the international community if she fails to return to Thailand from her European trip is not that she is guilty of anything per se but that she doesn't trust the system, and, far worse, that she no longer feels Thailand is worth bothering with.

If the elected government give up on this place then foreigners should only regard it as somewhere for brief holidays and work-related secondment. The present government is already handing down that message anyway.

The BIG (Boys In Green) allowed Yingluck to leave the country for a temporary trip and everyone with a bit of grey matter already expect that she won't come back, no matter how many times she said she will return to face the music. I think she has left the building through the backdoor, the Thai way, avoiding problems/confrontation. Everybody happy, isn't that what they want?

An update.

NACC to file case against Ms Yingluck to the prosecution on Tuesday (today)

The National Anti-Corruption Commission will submit its criminal case file against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra regarding the rice pledging scheme to the Office of the Attorney-General on Tuesday.

NACC deputy secretary-general Witthaya Arkhompitak said today that all the members of the commission had endorsed the case file with the recommendation that Ms Yingluck should be charged with malfeasance in office under Article 157 of the Criminal Code for her gross negligence in overseeing the scheme causing enormous loss to the state coffers.

Mr Witthaya said the OAG has 30 days to proceed with the case to the Supreme Court’s criminal division for political office holders or to drop the case.

In case that the OAG disagrees with the NACC, a joint panel between the OAD and the NACC will be set up to review the case file. And if the OAG still disagrees with the NACC, then the NACC will have to initiate the case to the court by itself.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nac...ution-tuesday/

As for our guesses for jail time go, here’s where things stand.

Mid: zero
    Ampersand: 34 months
    Me: three years
    Thormaturge: ten years
    Sabang: convicted maybe, but no estimate yet
    PH: two years

Quote Originally Posted by Bonglek View Post
    Half the establishment should be behind bars
    Only ½?

One thing to note,..if you have guessed the same number as a previous member I will not post your estimate/guess. It will not count.

The rules: the person who first guesses the closest number
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Graft buster officially charges Yingluck

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) submitted its criminal case file against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra regarding the rice pledging scheme to the Office of the Attorney-General (OAG) on Tuesday.

The NACC accused Yingluck of malfeasance in office under Article 157 of the Criminal Code for her gross negligence in overseeing the scheme causing enormous 500 billion baht loss to the state coffers.

OAG spokesperson Mrs Santanee Disayabutr said the OAG would set up a special team led by its deputy chief to look into all the charges and the evidences.

If there are substantial evidence in the report, the OAG could then proceed the prosecution in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Posts, she said.

Since the case is the focal interest of the public, the OAG will undertake it with care and base on the NACC’s reports.

She said if all evidence are proved, it could then proceed the prosecution in 30 days.

Asked if the prosecution would be obstructed when the accused is still abroad, she assured that the prosecution will go ahead although she does not show up, reasoning that at this stage, it is not necessary yet for her to appear as having her current permanent residence known is enough.

Yingluck’s lawyer is scheduled to petition the OAG against the NACC’s charges Wednesday.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gra...rges-yingluck/

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

anyone who expects justice in a country that has been stolen at gunpoint is delirious .