Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On The Money

Quote Originally Posted by S Landreth View Post
    No doubt.

Not true, because I don’t have a Thai’s name on any of my accounts. Never have. The reason why I don’t pay that Thai tax or is it removed from my account/s.

Curious? Does your Thai spouse give you an allowance?

Let me repeat........

Anyone reading this thread/forum should take what the pot-licker says with a grain of salt.
    You are spouting complete BS, Landreth.

No Thai name on my bank account bud - remember, it's gotta be in your own name to qualify for the retirement extension.

Jesus wept...
    Orange Man Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    You are spouting complete BS, Landreth.

No Thai name on my bank account ......
    Sure.

Answer the question……..

Curious. Does your Thai spouse give you an allowance?
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Sure.

Answer the question……..

You and bstupid over on that Pedo forum have a lot in common, dude...
    Last edited by Boon Mee; 08-12-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Orange Man Bad!

Support………

To the left in the picture below is a Thai bank account in a Thai’s name. Underlined in blue are two interest payments (IN) and directly below in those interest payments are Tax payments (TX) underlined in red and paid the same day.
    A Note: Interest payments are made twice a year (June and December) and taxes on that interest earned are paid twice a year.

To the right in the picture below is a Thai bank account in my name. Underlined in blue is one interest payment (INT) and No tax payment.

and again,…..Anyone reading this thread/forum should take what the pot-licker says with a grain of salt.

No Thai name on my bank account.........
    Sure

The question remains…….

Just proved my point there troll - tax withdrawals are made regularly every three months.

p.s. I'd do a screen shot of my bank book(s) but it would just further infuriate you with jealousy!
    Last edited by Boon Mee; 08-13-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    Orange Man Bad!

Just proved my point there troll - tax withdrawals are made regularly every three months.
    sure

p.s. I'd do a screen shot of my bank book(s) but it would just further infuriate you with jealousy!
    "my" sure

the question remains......

I should bring this thread up to date.

Manafort’s sentencing date is set for February 8th at 9am on the 8 crimes he was found guilty of in Virginia trial.

There was a mistrial declared on the ten other charges brought by the special counsel who, as part of the plea agreement, said that they would not retry Manafort on those charges and would dismiss them at sentencing in return for his cooperation.

Cooperation with the ongoing investigation may mean a lesser sentence for Manafort depending on whether the government believes he "provided substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person."

Before the trial, the government had estimated that Manafort would be sentenced to eight to 10 years in prison, based solely on the tax fraud charges in Virginia.: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-ma...n-in-february/

About the other 10 charges where there was a mistrial declared. From one of the jurors………

The comments from Paula Duncan, the only juror so far to speak out after Tuesday’s verdict in Alexandria Virginia, offered fresh insight into how the jury of six men and six women reached a consensus on 8 charges while deadlocking on the other 10 counts. The judge declared a mistrial on the 10 counts.

Duncan, 54, a Trump supporter, told Reuters in a phone interview that she believed Manafort had been “targeted” and “harassed” by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team but that politics did not influence how she considered the evidence. She also said politics did not play a role with other jurors.

Duncan said the other jurors were frustrated with the holdout, who prevented them from reaching a consensus to convict on seven of nine counts of bank fraud and three of four counts of failing to declare foreign bank accounts.

“She was just saying I want to review my notes,” Duncan said. “When we asked her to explain her side she really couldn’t give us a good reason. She just said she had reasonable doubt.”

In addition to that check on the tax return, U.S. citizens with more than $10,000 in overseas accounts during a given year are required to submit a form called a foreign bank account report, or FBAR, detailing those accounts to the U.S. Treasury.

Duncan said there was no reason to have convicted Manafort on one FBAR count and not the other three. She said the holdout appeared to be willing to convict only for 2012 because there was a piece of evidence with Manafort’s name on it.

“We didn’t understand her logic and to us if he was guilty on the tax documents he was pretty much guilty on the FBARs,” Duncan said. “It made sense to everyone but her.”: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1L823X

Some changes. Paul Manafort Broke Plea Deal By Lying To Investigators In Russia Probe

Manafort will now be sentenced to the full extent of the law (what the judge deems fit) in relation to all of his guilty pleas. A few related to this thread are below.....

• Failing to file foreign bank account reports

Number of counts: 4
    Maximum prison sentence per count: 5 years

From 2011 to 2014, Manafort allegedly failed to file foreign bank account reports, known as FBARs, with the Treasury Department to disclose his control over his overseas accounts.

There are also some fines/penalties associated with the above guilty pleas.

Manafort pled guilty to all 4 counts: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/what...fort-face.html - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0eb6d9312fe84

And by the way a pardon will not set Manfort free from any of the list of charges: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ion-ncna882006

Gosh I wish Hillary had won. There would be war in Iran by now if she had and probably North Korea as well. Amazing fun for all and lots of money as well.

FBAR penalties can swallow entire accounts (yes, 100%), and criminal penalties can include up to 10 years in prison.: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...rt-indictment/
    a sentencing update……

I have heard some believe Manafort will be spending the rest of his short life in prison (15 years). He’s an old man. It is not known how much time/penalties will be given related to charges of failing to declare foreign bank accounts.

• Berman Jackson on Tuesday ordered Manafort’s team to respond to Mueller’s memo by Jan. 7 and state whether there are any areas of dispute.

Berman Jackson then ordered the government to file a supplemental pleading with facts and evidence to backup its claims by Jan. 14.

The parties agreed to schedule a tentative hearing on Jan. 25 at 9:30 a.m. in case they need to dispute any of the allegations.

Berman Jackson initially tried to schedule that hearing for Feb. 8, but the parties noted that is when Manafort is scheduled to be sentenced in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Virginia, where he was convicted of eight counts of bank and tax fraud in August.

Last week, Berman Jackson scheduled March 5 as a tentative date to sentence Manafort to the two felonies he pleaded guilty to in the D.C. case as part of the plea agreement he signed to avoid a second criminal trial.: https://thehill.com/regulation/court...ied-to-mueller