Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NACC targets Boonsong, others in rice deals

Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    one of the most scandalous corruption cases in Thai history

you mean one which won't hurt the current Gov

scandalous corruption cases

no shortage of 'em .............how about GT200 ?
    Yes and in the same breath the Palm fruit farmers have their own price guarantee! Peace and Happiness is this governments goal!

Bellend
    Yes all doubt has been removed , you're naturally obtuse.

Thailand Lifer
    ...which might have incurred a loss of over 600 billion baht
    I'm sure non of the money was "lost". It takes a lot of money to buy an election .

Unbelievable , Justice ?

There's a lot more rotten aspects of Thailand than just the rice

With help from the friendly Chinese friends, rubber, rice and palm fruit mountains will soon disappear. Wonder what's in it for the Chinese?

Just to keep things in perspective. Governments in more "civilized" ares have been known to subsidize farmers.

EU’s ‘butter mountain’ costs taxpayers £236m

THE EU is spending £236million of taxpayers’ money building up a “butter mountain” to join their stores of unwanted sugar, grain and wine.

By NICK FAGGE
    PUBLISHED: 00:00, Fri, Jan 23, 2009 | UPDATED: 13:33, Sat, Jan 24, 2015

[COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]The European Commission plans to buy up 30,000 tons of butter
    The European Commission yesterday pledged to buy up 30,000 tons of butter from farmers across the 27-country union this year as well as 109,000 tons of skimmed milk powder.
    The unwanted dairy produce will be stored in silos across the continent and will join 317,853 tons of unwanted sugar, 16,000 tons of unwanted maize and wheat and millions of gallons of unwanted wine which Brussels officials has already bought up.
    EU Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Frischer Boel claims buying up the butter mountain is essential to prevent European farmers going bust.
    The Commission Agriculture spokesman said: “We have to stock butter again. If we don’t farmers will be out of business.”
    This is sending a bad signal to developing countries.
    An Oxfam spokeswoman
    Last night, the policy was condemned an example of Brussels’ waste.
    UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: “The return of the butter mountain is proof of the lunacy of the Common Agricultural Mountain. This is another shocking waste of money – similar to the wine lake and the grain mountain.”
    Conservative Euro MP Syed Kamall said: “Taxpayers are being hit by a double whammy. Not only must they pay farmers to produce the food, they are now seeing their money being spent on produce nobody wants to buy.
    “Instead of going back to the past and creating butter mountains, we should stop wasting taxpayers’ money and reform the Common Agricultural Policy once and for all.”
    The dairy industry employs 400,000 throughout the EU and has an annual turnover of £112billion. The UK is among Europe’s main dairy producers along with Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Poland and Italy.
    EU chiefs say they have been forced to act following the fall in the price and the demand for dairy products. A spokesman said: “With the crisis, people are eating fewer dairy products.”
    European farmers have also seen a fall in demand for their products abroad and the EU has pledged to subsidise cheese, butter and milk powder exports to the rest of the world. From a peak in the 1980s, Brussels finally got rid of its butter mountain in 2007.
    Officials last night said they hoped they would not have to keep the stockpiles for long.
    A spokesman said: “We were happy to get rid of them in 2007. Hopefully this will only be a temporary measure.”
    Average milk prices in the EU fell by seven per cent between October 2007 and October last year.
    But the EU has also not ruled out buying even more butter and milk if necessary.
    Sieta van Keimpema, vice president of the European Milk Board, said: “Milk prices paid to producers have been plummeting since Autumn last year. Prices in member states are now no better than 19p per litre – that is way below the true cost of production.”
    The move has infuriated dairy producers throughout the world.
    New Zealand trade minister Tim Groser and Agriculture Minister David Carter said the EU’s move would send a bad signal at a crucial time for world trade.
    Oxfam even accused the EU of starting a trade war.
    A spokeswoman said: “This is sending a bad signal to developing countries as it shows how rich countries are trying to take advantage of the food crisis to push for their own interests.”

Now I am sure that the USA and Canada never do this sort of thing

[/COLOR]

Bellend
    It hilariously funny that by trying to keep things in perspective you are comparing the whole of the European Union to little old Thailand...

The EU doesn't buy butter, wine or sugar at double the production cost and hoards them hoping to influence world prices and plunge the EU into billions and billions of debt like Thailand has.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEKYFOKKER View Post
    It hilariously funny that by trying to keep things in perspective you are comparing the whole of the European Union to little old Thailand...

The EU doesn't buy butter, wine or sugar at double the production cost and hoards them hoping to influence world prices and plunge the EU into billions and billions of debt like Thailand has.

Dranoutre

I am still very fit though my face has again been knocked about. This time it was a periscope rifle. You fire it down below & its absolutely “safe”. The German shattered the top glass first as I fired my first shot, & filled us all with glass, three quite large pieces going into Major Martin who is now in hospital. My own injuries were only a scratch here & there. Yesterday I improved matters by slipping on a wooden plank & pushing my cheek on to the corner of a corrugated iron roof — so you can imagine that I am becoming a regular pin cushion.
    The Huns opposite us are very quiet, they daren’t try any tricks because they always get just double that they fire. If they fire a rifle grenade we fire two back, & whereas they generally miss we get in a good shot or two. In between our trenches & the Germans there are several old & disused French trenches & ditches. Into there the Germans at night send their patrols & so we have started to do the same thing. It’s the finest fun of all & I have twice led out a “crawl” — the grass is long & one can’t be seen. Last time we only missed the German “crawl” by twenty minutes which was a great shame because I have not yet seen a Hun & we should have managed to “bag” one or two I feel sure. Next time I shall not be able to indulge in the excitement I fear because we shall be in another part of the trenches where such things cannot be.

Bellend
    Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    I am so embarrassed and stuck for an intelligent answer that I have to revert to posting complete crap, exactly the same crap as I've posted below. Not just on this thread but other threads also.....Same crap, different day[
    Dranoutre
    I am still very fit though my face has again been knocked about. This time it was a periscope rifle. You fire it down below & its absolutely “safe”. The German shattered the top glass first as I fired my first shot, & filled us all with glass, three quite large pieces going into Major Martin who is now in hospital. My own injuries were only a scratch here & there. Yesterday I improved matters by slipping on a wooden plank & pushing my cheek on to the corner of a corrugated iron roof — so you can imagine that I am becoming a regular pin cushion.
    The Huns opposite us are very quiet, they daren’t try any tricks because they always get just double that they fire. If they fire a rifle grenade we fire two back, & whereas they generally miss we get in a good shot or two. In between our trenches & the Germans there are several old & disused French trenches & ditches. Into there the Germans at night send their patrols & so we have started to do the same thing. It’s the finest fun of all & I have twice led out a “crawl” — the grass is long & one can’t be seen. Last time we only missed the German “crawl” by twenty minutes which was a great shame because I have not yet seen a Hun & we should have managed to “bag” one or two I feel sure. Next time I shall not be able to indulge in the excitement I fear because we shall be in another part of the trenches where such things cannot be.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEKYFOKKER View Post

Fleetwood Town release 14 and offer six players new deals

Fleetwood Town are to release 14 players this summer, while six more have been offered new contracts.
    Steven Schumacher, Mark Roberts, David Ball, Stephen Crainey, Jeff Hughes, Liam Hogan, Stewart Murdoch, Matty Hughes and Joe Burgess are leaving.
    Josh Green, Mason Springthorpe, Richard Wright, Andre Street and Adam Nditi will also go.
    Nathan Pond, Stephen Jordan, Jamille Matt, Gareth Evans, Keano Deacon and Harvey Hodd have been offered deals.
    "There is going to be a significant turnover in the squad over the summer," boss Graham Alexander told the club website.
    "We have had to make some very difficult decisions on who we need to keep and let go."
    Fleetwood finished 10th in League One this season, six points off the play-off places.