Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England - World Champions!

Fans Owners want success yesterday, these poor sods will mostly spend their careers in the 3 and 4 tier of the english leagues. Now when Brexit happens maybe all the top players will have to go back to Europe and make some room in the top leagues in England.

Went watching Korat this winter and they had a number of very large skilful black guys, no idea which nation. Buriam the same my bIL told me they can have a set number of imports. Think China does the same. Good for Eglish youth which for years was useless, long ball only sort of effort. So sad that local talent aint getting a run. PLAY FECKING RASHFORD

Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    Fans Owners want success yesterday, these poor sods will mostly spend their careers in the 3 and 4 tier of the english leagues. Now when Brexit happens maybe all the top players will have to go back to Europe and make some room in the top leagues in England.

Went watching Korat this winter and they had a number of very large skilful black guys, no idea which nation. Buriam the same my bIL told me they can have a set number of imports. Think China does the same. Good for Eglish youth which for years was useless, long ball only sort of effort. So sad that local talent aint getting a run. PLAY FECKING RASHFORD
    I think Sweden will be a solid opponent.

Thank god the kid in goal was brilliant. ENgland scored 2 good goals. Swedan got stopped from scoring 3 good goals by extraordinary saves. Non of the Brit Media mentioned much that Pickford was voted man of the Match.

Can you believe I currently work with a guy who was at Wembley when England last won the World Cup back in 1966. Bill is 70 now, I thought he was going to retire this year but sounds like he'll just cut down to 3 days a week...I think putting up with the wife 24/7 would drive him batshit crazy

Good luck England for the game against Croatia today

regards to Bill , hope he's still kicking when England next win the world cup ..................

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    regards to Bill , hope he's still kicking when England next win the world cup ..................
    Don't worry, Bill will be around till his 90's. He's a worker, very fit for his age & gets bored sitting at home but says he will retire in 18 months time

Did his apprenticeship down the mines in Ireland, but retrained as an avionics tech in the RAAF when he came to Australia

Back to topic I think England should be proud of their achievements to reach the quarter finals, & France should be thankful the colonial imports of France won the world cup for them. Now the Anglo Saxons will have to bow to the snail eaters for 4 years

I rooted for Croatia and clapped loudly when they scored their goals.

The reason was b/c England supporters kept telling everyone that "the World Cup is ours this year" since the quarter finals.

That's not the way the World Cup works.

Glad they lost.

England's hopes of reaching the European U19 Championship semi-finals remain in the balance after Paul Simpson's side were held to a 1-1 draw by Ukraine on Friday.

After starting the defence of the title they won in 2017 with a 3-2 win against Turkey on Tuesday, England made the perfect start in Seinajoki with Marcus Tavernier giving them the lead in the eighth minute.

Ukraine levelled just before the break through Vladyslav Supriaha (39) but it was England who had the better of the chances to secure victory.

George Hirst hit the post in stoppage time at the end of the first half, while Ben Brereton dragged his second-half effort wide of the target to leave England's qualification chances resting on their final game against France, live on Sky Sports Football on Monday.

Victory for either England or Ukraine, who will play Turkey, in their final matches in Group B would see them advance to the last four.